JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
It began operations in the Philippines in 1961 with a representative office. Since then, the firm has expanded its presence into a fully integrated franchise, comprising Investment Banking, Treasury and Securities Services, Equity Sales and Research as well as foreign exchange and fixed income trading operations. JPMorgan Chase & Co. has a number of legal entities operating in the country, including the Manila Branch of the bank, which has a commercial banking license as well as a derivatives license, and a securities company with a seat on the Philippine Stock Exchange.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. launched its Global Service Center in Manila in 2005 and in Cebu in 2010, to provide a wide variety of strategic support including analytics, finance and accounting voice-based services, transaction processing and other functions to its affiliates around the world.
We have opportunities for Senior Specialist III positions in our Mortgage Banking group
The primary function of the Credit Bureau Operations department is to ensure accurate credit reporting for all of our customers. The Dispute Resolution teams within Credit Bureau Operations are responsible for researching and replying to all mortgage credit reporting disputes received from our customers and from the four national Credit Reporting Agencies. They also conduct maintenance work that is based on exceptions identified by internal partners.
Operations Sr Specialist III is expected to have a proved record of operational and technical knowledge as it relates to dispute research and resolution. Need a deep commitment to our customers and an understand of the importance of what they do and the impact credit reporting has on our customers lives. The role is counted as half FTE and therefore is capable of processing all tasks that an Operations Senior Specialist process. The role is also a subject matter expert and should be able to resolve complex issues related to different tasks the team handles. An Operations Sr Specialist III is also trained to do administrative tasks.
The Operations Sr Specialist III is responsible for efficient, timely and accurate research and resolution of direct and indirect credit bureau inquiries and disputes for Mortgage Banking. The position performs research and responds to consumer credit inquiries and disputes in accordance with REG V (Consumer Protection Financial Bureau), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction ACT (FACT) and Real Estate Settlement Protection Act (RESPA). Execution of transactions promptly and accurately responding to customer and bureau requests and inquiries is a must. To meet those demands, you will focus on understanding the firm's service policies, procedures, systems and legal compliance regulations as well as products and services. In addition to performing the above work, the role is expected to possess strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to compose clear and concise customer communication letters
- Critical thinking skills
- Needs to be able to look beyond step-by-step instructions to perform appropriate actions for the customer
- Strong Leadership skillset
- Ability to work under pressure in a highly complex and changing environment
- Strong client focus mindset with moderate proficiencies in consulting/advising clients, answering inquiries and providing information, and managing difficult situations with customers is required
- Must have the ability to become proficient with navigating within Credit Bureau source and sub systems (required)
- Must have the ability to meet and or exceed Key Performance Measurement which include quality and production standards (required)
- Analytical and software skills for reporting metrics; MS Office (Excel, Word);
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral (required)
- Ability to multi-task: type while listening, view multiple screens and systems, keep up to date with new procedures (required)
- Must be willing and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment (required)
- Advance level PC navigation skills (required)
- Ability to apply effective listening skills (required)
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills (required)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran
Knowledge and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent
Mortgage Banking experience particularly Loan Servicing is a requirement
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Basic skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
Attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision
Strong multi-tasking ability
Minimum one year mortgage servicing or credit related experience (required)
Knowledge of federal regulations that govern credit reporting activity and disputes (helpful);
Experience in Core Servicing, Default, and Borrower Assistance processes and systems (required)
Credit Bureau and e-OSCAR systems (helpful)