General Job Description
Plan and deploy software development and project management processes based on the prescribed Project Life Cycle.
Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to achieve the objectives set.
Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
Utilize an Agile scrum framework to schedule and lead Sprint Planning/Reviews, Daily Standups and various other team meetings.
Identifies and works collaboratively to remove any impediments that the team encounters throughout the course of development through to product release
Work closely with the development team and cross functional teams with members from Product Management, Business Analyst, Production Support, and IT
Track and report KPIs on project/sprint progress and track and drive resolution of issues. Measures, tracks and communicates team velocity and sprint/release progress to stakeholders and management in order to provide visibility into overall project progress and status.
Ensure stories and priorities are clearly understood by the team before sprint start.
Coordinate with other teams to manage interdependencies.
Be an excellent facilitator, facilitate communication, improve transparency, and radiate information
Be self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities and tasks, must have high-energy to be able to motivate and encourage the team.
Be willing to jump in and do what is needed to get the job done. Ability to work effectively and get things done in a dynamic environment.
Qualifications & Experience
- College degree, specialized training, or equivalent work experience
- -Overall 10+ years of relevant experience with 5 or more years in Project management
- Deep knowledge of Project Management and/or Systems Development Life Cycle
- Experience in delivering end-to-end technology & client implementation solutions/projects
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing,
- Scrum Master Certification will be an added advantage
- Prior Application Development Experience will be an added advantage
- Strong MS Office suite skills (i.e., Word, Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project)
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Ability to influence and direct activities of resources outside of direct control.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills for various levels of audience
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at the same time with focus on implementation and fully accountable to results under tight deadlines.
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development
- Understand common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
- Experience with agile tools (such as Jira)
- Ability to produce clear documentation and reports that can be easily understood by both technical and non-technical audience.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
- Ability to interact with a diverse population of both technical and non-technical employees.
- Flexibility with the ability to adapt and evolve with changes in priorities, project directions and software development procedures.