CIB F&BM - UK Regulatory Reporting - Associate
Req #: 170059776
Job Category: Accounting/Finance/Audit/Risk
JP Morgan Regulatory Reporting
The position is within the Capital Reporting Regulatory department of Finance. The group is a service-orientated business comprised of specialised individuals with knowledge and expertise in understanding, managing and delivering financial information to our regulators. The group is also dedicated to adding value and improving efficiency, quality and controls.
The regulatory finance department is a high profile function, providing financial information to the Prudential Regulation Authority (“PRA”), Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”), Bank of England and the Office of National Statistics.
The production responsibilities within UK Regulatory Reporting are split into two main areas: Capital Reporting and Financial Reporting.
Capital Reporting Group
The core responsibilities of the Capital Reporting Group are:
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and biannual returns for the following solo regulated entities and their associated UK consolidation groups: JPMorgan Securities Plc (JPMS Plc), JP Morgan Europe Limited (JPMEL), JPMorgan Markets Limited (JPMML), JPMorgan International Bank (JPMIB)
- Daily monitoring and preparation of capital adequacy and large exposures reports for the above entities
- Interpretation of the Regulatory rules which forms the basis of PRA reporting and providing regulatory guidance to the business
- Partnership and supporting other Finance areas with their reporting requirements (e.g. recovery and resolution, ICAAP, Pillar 3)
Financial Reporting Group
The core responsibilities of the Financial Reporting Group are:
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and biannual returns for JP Morgan Europe Limited (JPMEL), JPMorgan International Bank (JPMIB), JPMorgan Securities Plc (JPMS Plc) and JPMorgan Chase Bank London (JPMCB).
- Interpretation of the Regulatory rules which forms the basis of Bank of England and PRA reporting, and providing regulatory guidance to the business.
- Partnership and supporting other Finance areas with their reporting requirements.
The Regulatory function within the UK EMEA space is changing rapidly to accommodate both internal and external drivers of change: for example through greater business engagement, legal entity strategy and implementation of modelled approaches to capital.
Job Title – Regulatory Capital Associate
We are looking for a candidate to work within the capital reporting group. The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate/project manage the quarterly COREP reporting suite for solo regulated entities and their associated UK consolidation groups across the regulatory reporting function.
- Manage governance of access to GABRIEL reporting portal including annual attestation process.
- Focus on control environment ensuring all documentation is complete/accurate and up to date (including procedures, user tools)
- Manage pipeline of user initiated technology changes, responsibilities include managing prioritization list and co-ordaining changes, chairing review meetings
- Involvement in other non-BAU tasks, such as projects and policy matters that impact the capital reporting function
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- A self-starter, motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility to work under pressure to meet changing work requirements and strict deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written - at all levels.
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel, Access, Outlook, Word and Powerpoint
- Proven track record of improving processes and controls
- Proven track record of working with multiple teams to deliver regulatory reports to agreed deadlines
- Degree qualification and either accountancy qualification or qualification by experience within Financial Services industry
- Understanding of investment banking products including derivatives / financing transactions
This role offers good career prospects within the regulatory group and there is the possibility of mobility to other areas within JP Morgan after two years.
Start date: immediately
Hiring Manager: Yvette Cameron