CCB Risk - Auto Finance - Strategic Analytics - Associate
Req #: 170073996_1
Job Category: Accounting/Finance/Audit/Risk
JP Morgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
Our Firmwide Risk Function
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves consumers and small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Consumer & Community Banking Risk Management partners with each CCB sub-line of business to identify, assess, prioritize and remediate risk. Types of risk that occur in consumer businesses include fraud, reputation, operational, credit, market and regulatory, among others
The Senior Risk Strategy Vice President under Risk Decision Analytics of Chase Auto Finance will be part of a team responsible for the development and implementation of risk initiatives and acquisition strategies which impact all CAF Lines of Businesses.
The responsibilities of this position include: identify, acquire, and evaluate alternative data to advance Auto’s risk decision capability. This role will require frequent interaction and communication with outside vendors and cross-function partners including Legal/Compliance/Fair-lending/TPO/Sourcing/Bureau-team/risk colleagues.
The successful candidate will excel at creative thinking, problem solving, detail oriented, self-motivated, communication, project and relationship management, and ready to work in a fast-paced environment.
Expectations for this individual include, but are not limited to:
- Be the key contact for alternative data with vendors, legal, compliance, fair lending, sourcing, TPO, and bureau relationship team.
- Be the champion of alternative and its use in auto finance risk decisions.
- Strong drive and good negotiation skills in getting agreement lined up and signed.
- Ability to identify unique alternative data sources or new ways to leverage data.
- Query and Interpret large amounts of complex data to identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of risk strategy.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional partners.
- Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Engineering, or related quantitative field
- At least 10+ years of risk analytical experience; preferably in financial services industry with acquisition strategy background
- Attention to details and strong project management skills
- Highly motivated, confident, team player with strong problem solving skills
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and finding creative ways to enhance analytic capabilities while having a broad view of the business needs
- Strong analytical and technical skills, knowledge of SAS, SQL, MS Office, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in credit risk analysis in consumer credit or related field
- Strong knowledge of statistics, e.g., linear regression, logistic regression, decision tree, etc.