J.P. Morgan Private Bank has been helping the world’s wealthiest individuals, families, foundations, and endowments grow, manage, and sustain their wealth through personalized, comprehensive financial solutions for more than 160 years. J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management with assets under supervision of $2.1 trillion and assets under management of $1.4 trillion. With Private Bank advisors in 110 offices in 25 states and 20 countries, the Private Bank provides clients with a global perspective delivered through a local, dedicated team of specialists focused on fundamental wealth management disciplines, including investment management, wealth structuring, philanthropy, credit and banking.
A key member of the J.P. Morgan Private Bank team of specialists, the Wealth Advisor ensures our most complex clients’ planning needs are identified and met through a comprehensive approach to their total wealth and overall objectives.
· Serve as advisor for J.P. Morgan Private Bank high net worth and ultra high net worth clients to identify needs for estate planning which lead to current trust, estate and philanthropic opportunities
· Serve as resource to clients with complex needs around executive compensation, retirement planning, business succession planning and multi-generational wealth planning
· Responsible for deepening and strengthening client relationships with J.P. Morgan Private Bank
· Participate in coordination of sales and relationship management effort with Bankers, Investors Capital Advisors and Trust & Estate Advisors
· Expert knowledge of trust and estate law, gifting techniques and transfer and generation skipping taxation, with ability to apply that knowledge to client specific needs
· Strong knowledge of personal, fiduciary, corporate and partnership income tax, with prior experience applying that knowledge specifically to the sophisticated needs of high net worth and/or ultra high net worth clients
· Ability to evaluate wealth transfer needs and issues of clients and prospects, identify which of the available strategies are appropriate, educate clients and work with clients and professional advisors to determine which recommendations to implement
· Proven ability to partner with clients’ other advisors to include an established, highly respected reputation with the external professional advisor community
· Ability to communicate sophisticated wealth planning concepts to all levels of clients and prospects
· Sales experience including: profiling, overcoming objections, negotiation, team selling approach, closing the sale and asking for referrals
· Demonstrated understanding of wealth management including, but not limited to: investment management, credit and banking
· Ability to work in a team based environment and assist in the development and retention of junior team members
· Seven plus years complex financial and estate planning experience
· Bachelors degree required
· JD and/or CPA required
· Recognized expertise in managing the financial needs of high net worth and/or ultra high net worth individuals and/or families
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.