JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO). CT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs
CT CCB Finance IT – Software Engineer
CT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda.
A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
· Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm’s
Regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments
· Advancing the firm’s Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms
· Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
· Driving innovation across the firm’s corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
· Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency
As part of this organization, Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) Finance & Risk Technology is provides functional support to the CCB’s Chief Finance Officer and Chief Risk Officer organizations. The group owns the holistic technology relationships with these organizations ensuring that technology needs are met whether these are sourced from line of business (LOB) technology teams, developed internally by dedicated teams, or solution in the corporate domain.
In this space, CCB Finance IT is a fast growing organization with specific charter to meet technology needs of CCB Finance organization across MIS, Forecasting and reporting needs. We are in the midst of reviewing current applications and then create a Target State CCB Finance and Risk roadmap. As part of this, CCB Finance IT is establishing a new team and this role is for a Application Developer.
The role requires participation in application design and code reviews. Ensure compliance with project life cycle methodology and adhere to IT control policies and guidelines; incorporate architectural standards into application design; identify applicable system platform, components, and dependencies; document application specifications.
- Must have experience with development, deployment, and support of large-scale distributed applications in a mission-critical production environment ·
- Must possess strong design skills and ability to use various design patterns to develop solutions rapidly
- Should quickly acquire broad knowledge of applications in Finance space and system inter-dependencies
- Be a self-starter with confidence to drive issues through to completion in highly pressured situations
- Should have strong problem management and problem investigation skills with ability to learn new skills quickly to add value in problem-focus areas
- Must have excellent communication skills with ability to deliver timely and responsive service to internal clients
Additionally, this role requires:
• Review of test plans and perform code reviews
• Manage day to day individual workload
• Monitor milestones and critical dates to identify potential slippages and mitigate risk appropriately
- Big Data experience with Hadoop, Spark, Impala and Hive
- BI tools experience with Tableau is a plus
- 4+ years of development experience
- Complete software development lifecycle (analysis through deployment)
- Design and development of multi-tier software applications
- Experience with Informatica/Ab Initio, shell scripts, Perl, Job Scheduling tools like Autosys, CTRL-M is a plus
- Nice to have: Experience with Essbase, Teradata, BI Visualization tools like Cognos, Spotfire and Qlikview,
- Strong database design and performance tuning
- Java, XML a big plus with some front end development experience
- Working experience in Unix/Linux and Windows environments
- Experience with both on-line and batch processing, shell scripts / Perl programming
- Experience in Consumer Banking and Financial (Finance Systems like General Ledger, Forecasting, Planning and Analysis etc) related areas of IT Project Management or experience with applications handling lot of data from diverse sources
Technical Bachelors Degree in Computer Science / Engineering