Glasgow Technology Centre
Purpose of role
What sets this role apart?
The group is divided into small, highly motivated, agile teams. Software deliveries are typically frequent and team members are expected to be multi-disciplined and flexible in their approach, working in all areas of the solution space. Candidates do not necessarily need banking experience but must be highly motivated with a track record of success in software development.
The candidate will work on the next generation, best in class, web technologies to deliver a robust, accessible and responsive suite of UI components for the browser, desktop and mobile. This will require high standards of coding, testing, documentation and support. Experience is expected in analysis/design, application optimization and performance tuning.
- Develop re-usable web components ensuring that they conform to the user patterns as designed by the Client Experience team
- Analyse interaction designs for feasibility, collaborating with designers as necessary
- Support the team effort at all levels
Preferred Work Experience
- Proven track record in production and front-end development, with a focus on JS expertise
- Experience with SPA frameworks such as Ember, Angular, JQuery, Dojo (Ember preferred)
- Experience writing tests (Unit, Integration, Acceptance) & TDD & BDD
- Experience with Accessibility compliance (WCAG 2.0 AA conformance)
- Server side experience preferred with focus on JSON API / REST
- Experience with cross device development (Browser, Tablet, Mobile)
- Experience with developer environments such as Chrome Developer Tools, Sublime, IntelliJ, Eclipse
- Experience with source control software such as GIT, Subversion