The CIB WCOB Project Re-engineering organization is a dedicated team of project resources that are focused on delivering large scale change initiatives that span across business units to address Business, Industry and Client requirements across the CIB WCOB organization. The group provides a unique mix of project skills and product experience that are not tied to a specific business, enabling it to provide a consistent, high-quality and responsive approach to the way we manage and execute change across the firm.
Wholesale Client Onboarding (WCOB) is a global team of 1700 heads that plays a critical role in introducing new clients to the CIB as well as ensuring full due diligence is done with respect to new and existing relationships. The team functions in close partnership with Sales, Operations, Credit, Legal and Compliance to ensure efficient and timely on-boarding to the JP Morgan infrastructure. The Reengineering team employs strategic initiatives and execute on process efficiencies to design and implement a standardized and consistent client on-boarding service and deliver a world-class client experience.
Manage high risk enterprise projects by leveraging best-in-class project management skills and strong functional / architectural expertise.
The Reengineering team implements solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge processes that form the core of our key business, enabling the firm to operate with maximum efficiently, in compliance with regulations and in new markets and products.
Key Role and Responsibilities
We are responsible for delivering complex projects which have impact across the organisation, e.g. MiFID, partnering with teams across the firm to deliver solutions, driving and implementing the organisational functional and technical strategies.
The complexity of the projects require strong analytical and collaboration skills to design and implement innovative solutions.
As a lead Project Manager, you will manage team members, overseeing their work and providing coaching and mentoring. You will also partner with colleagues in other teams to design and implement solutions to complex problems.
Key Responsibilities of this role
The successful applicant will Lead the WCOB End to End (E2E) Client Onboarding team, in the wider WCOB Project Re-engineering organization, responsible for defining and implementing the Markets E2E Target Operating Model as well as technology to support the onboarding workflow across CIB. This will require working across multiple functional groups and across all lines of business in CIB globally.
- Leadership – Drive and implement the product vision for the Reengineering team, ensuring coherence across the businesses, risk, operations and technology in developing the operating model
- Programme management - Manage multiple projects across globally distributed technology and operations functions. Produce and maintain project plans, capacity plans, business requirements and adoption plans
- Subject Expertise – Grow understanding of the business, end to end onboarding process and stakeholder environment in order to actively shape the operating model and challenge assumptions
- Stakeholder management – Influence senior leaders ED/MD levels on product and agree on adoption roadmap for product
- Governance – Support the governance structure of the programme through ensuring engaged stakeholder member participation
- Risk & dependency management – Identify, document and communicate risks and dependencies affecting deliveries; drive their resolution
- Change management - Demonstrate effective controls around the introduction of change and or process improvements
- Communication – Ensure all stakeholders are aware and appraised of the operating model as it develops; maintain a living, evolving document to ensure there is clarity of both the current status and next steps
- Implementation – Deliver process change to an agreed plan in a controlled manner, , with alignment to strategic programme milestones where required
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.