CIB Office of Legal Obligations – Program Management Office (PMO) – Associate
Req #: 170082993
Job Category: Project Management
The Office of Legal Obligation (OLO) program is a firm-wide, global initiative that brings together the expertise of Legal, Lines of Business (LOBs), Oversight & Control, Compliance, Risk and other key control functions, to proactively manage regulatory changes in our operations and allow us to trace end-to-end connections between laws, rules and regulations on the one hand, and our policies and procedures that demonstrate compliance on the other.
The JPMorgan CIB Office of Legal Obligations ("OLO") team is responsible for the oversight and management of the CIB End-to-End Legal and Regulatory Process Program (“Program”). This Program is sponsored at the operating committee level of JPMorgan Chase (“JPMC”).
The JPMorgan CIB OLO team is responsible for the developing, deploying, overseeing and reporting of a program that ensures that obligations are drafted and proceed through the process lifecycle to completion and to support an ongoing change management process. This includes building awareness of the program in the Firm and ensuring consistency in global understanding and dissemination of regulatory requirements.
The PMO Associate will work closely with the CIB OLO PMO Lead and other PMO team members to support the Governance, Controls and Reporting part of the program. Approximately 23,000 obligations (circa 80,000 impacts) will need to be carefully managed and coordinated across the breadth of CIB. A central PMO team of a minimum of 5 FTE will need to be established to oversee the Program deliverables.
Assist with the day to day deliverables of the OLO Program Management Office function
Ensure all activities meet a fully auditable, robust, efficient and sustainable Governance & Controls framework.
Support the PMO Lead in managing the delivery of key Program milestones
Support the review and management of risks, assumptions, issues, and dependencies
Help facilitate risks & issues being escalated appropriately within the governance structure
Help drive continuous Program Management office process improvement
- Project management skills and PMO experience are desirable
- Strong negotiation, influencing, organizational and relationship skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving and owning of issues
- Team player with ability to build strong relationships – proven flexibility, adaptability and reliability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Candidate needs to be comfortable working and partnering with people at all levels and across all functional areas
- Detail oriented, with a highly disciplined approach to process and quality control. Attention to detail and quality is critical in this role
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a changing work environment
- Ability to execute tasks under aggressive targets
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.