Chase Mobile App Software Engineer
Req #: 170078497
Job Category: Technology
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Mobile developer will be engaged in all phases of the development lifecycle including: requirements gathering, specification review and approval, working with interaction designer, application architecture, collaborating with external teams to make applications work together, application implementation and debugging/troubleshooting, fixing defects and supporting test team, application deployment and maintenance, scrum and agile concepts, refactoring, working closely with our business partners, writing clear maintainable code that works, documenting using wiki, continuous integration, unit testing, code reviews, automated builds and functional.
- Complete development assignments on time with an appropriate level of quality to support project efforts.
- Concurrently participate in multiple technology projects from concept to implementation, and through all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Act as a primary point of contact for development projects with other technology teams.
- Provide business teams input into project requirements, design and other critical project documentation.
Responsible for exceptional verbal and written communication including:
- Project risks and issues
- Project status
- Triage technical issues and lead teams toward solving problems.
- Create work estimates based on technology concepts and requirements documentation.- 5+ years of combined software/application development experience
- Experience with all phases of the development life cycle
- Experience developing mobile applications using Objective C, Java or C#
- Created 1 or more applications available in Apple's AppStore or Google's Android Market
- Experience with the following is highly desired:
- Familiarity with Agile development including daily scrum and weekly iteration reviews and planning
- Familiarity with how to optimize code for phones, testing with phones, challenges with phones
- Experience with GIT source control management.
- Experience consuming SOAP web services
- Advanced communication skills with the ability to clarify application requirements via phone/email with business partners
in addition to relying on technical requirements documentation
- Have experience working on successful co-located delivery teams
- Have experience and a passion for test-driven development
- Experience delivering products across multiple releases
- Experience with automated acceptance/regression testing