JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Improve the Bank (ITB) team is made up of technical & self-motivated developers and engineers who passionately care about stability of applications and come up with out of the box solutions. Every team member has end-to-end responsibility including understanding an issue, finding solutions, implementing the solution and then scaling across CIB applications. The individual should have proven skills to produce quality results to support highly critical business needs. Working closely with the development team, application support/operations teams and business users to ensure production environment integrity will be an important part of this function.
ITB team manages the strategic initiatives across the CIB Banking applications for synthetic monitoring, DevOps, cloud adoptability, cyber-security, monitoring automation, capacity management, resiliency, hygiene and more.
Proactively create framework to analyze system performance to ensure high availability and continuity of processing using a variety of tools.
Develop automation scripts/tools for continuous deployments.
Solutions to Cloud adoptability.
Serve as a liaison to Application owners, Production owners and GTI for the strategic initiatives.
Document, communicate, and escalate technical issues and articulate business impact either verbally or in writing.
- Communicate with various levels of management regarding system issues. Run forums to educate and share best practices and tools to the CIB production management team.
- Conduct or participate in independent root cause analysis of system problems.
- Serve as a liaison to Application owners, Production owners and GTI for the strategic initiatives.
- Identify process simplification opportunities for overall reporting environment. Work with operational reporting team and business partners to automate or simplify existing processes, ensure data quality & consistency.
- Programming languages: Experienced in Python and SQL development. Java programming experience also strongly desired.
- Database: ORACLE, MySQL, or SQL server and Database optimization.
- UNIX (RedHat Linux) skills including Unix Shell Scripting – ksh, perl, bash etc.
- Working knowledge of Testing Frameworks, Maven, & ANT.
- Working knowledge of the use & administration of GIT, Jenkins.
- UNIX/Linus and Windows system administration skills are plus.
- Database administration skills are plus.
- Monitoring Tools (Geneos, Ausotsys and control-M) knowledge is plus.
- Strong problem management and problem investigation skills with ability to learn new skills quickly to value add in problem focus areas.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Self-starter with confidence to drive issues through to completion in highly pressured environment.