CIB - Trader (USD Rates) - Executive Director
Req #: 170084820
Job Category: Sales/Trading/Research
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With nearly $20 trillion of assets under custody, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Key Responsibilities covered by these areas:
This role sits within the front office and will be working in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment. You will cover institutional accounts and make markets in your group's particular range of products. You will be managing risk, liquidity and exposure and you will support and manage all aspects of the trading desk: pre-trade analysis, research on index constituent changes, inbound and outbound trade processing and the design of optimal strategies for large trades. Tracking supply and demand, you constantly evaluate market developments in order to give clients accurate product information.
- Provide a meaningful contribution to revenue and client franchise; Exploit revenue and minimise loss potential.
- Leverage technology and analytics to drive pricing/hedging as well as idea generation
- Understand market drivers (of those markets in which involved), market moves, and the numbers behind it all, as well as cross-asset implications
- Employs knowledge of industry/sector to read "between the lines" of news or other developments
- Exhibit sound judgment under pressure and maintain composure through challenging trading environments
- Know the implications of events on the entire trading desk, anticipate market outcomes; Outperform the market and competition through thorough understanding of fundamental and technical aspects of market
- Ensure all relevant parties (vertically and horizontally) are kept abreast of key developments; Provide a solution-based framework to business practice and clients; Take the initiative to make things better
- Understand drivers of relevant markets and establish a high degree of competence with clients around executing trades
- Understands firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies
- Build foundation of trust with clients by demonstrating an understanding of their needs and being responsive
- Engage others in active dialogue; Drive group involvement; build active collaboration with and trust of clients and internal constituencies;
- Models and promotes coaching and continuous learning. Informally mentors and coaches others
- Drives the IB people development agenda through leadership of key initiatives (recruiting, mentoring, training etc).
- Understand the firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies.
- Provide developmental feedback to team members; effectively deliver tough messages and encourage performance improvement.
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
- Significant experience and proven track record gained within a Trading role in an investment banking environment
- Ability to discuss in detail your knowledge of the current market (including trends) for USD and other G4 currency rates
- Have the ability to balance analytical and technical skill set with proven instinct
- Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of the entire landscape: knowledge of the client's sector and client's specific business needs and limitations. Deep understanding of client-specific nuances and leverages that help deliver more value to clients and the firm.
- Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of the various market variables and their impacts on products (pricing, flows etc.)
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas, both verbally and via documentation, and be able to defend their validity and target messages to different audiences.
- Ability to talk in detail your understanding of how to build a strong talent pipeline; identifies and works to retain strong performers.
- English fluency is essential
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.