JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
It began operations in the Philippines in 1961 with a representative office. Since then, the firm has expanded its presence into a fully integrated franchise, comprising Investment Banking, Treasury and Securities Services, Equity Sales and Research as well as foreign exchange and fixed income trading operations. JPMorgan Chase & Co. has a number of legal entities operating in the country, including the Manila Branch of the bank, which has a commercial banking license as well as a derivatives license, and a securities company with a seat on the Philippine Stock Exchange.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. launched its Global Service Center in Manila in 2005 and in Cebu in 2010, to provide a wide variety of strategic support including analytics, finance and accounting voice-based services, transaction processing and other functions to its affiliates around the world.
Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Global Human Resources Service Delivery
Global Human Resources Service Delivery (HRSD) is a best-in-class, global HR Service Delivery organization of approximately 650 people, that services the entire global population of JPMC, currently totaling over 260,000 employees worldwide, in 60 countries. HRSD provides vital services in the area of call centre (accessHR), payroll, benefits administration, employee data management, employee records management, employee referencing management, recruitment operations support, On/Off boarding employees, Workforce Analytics and Surveys. Our efforts are focused on supporting the firm to achieve its strategic priorities by leveraging these core principles that define the group's culture and provide the basis for planning and decision-making in all areas: Superior Employee Experience; Operational Excellence; Efficient Global Coverage and Commitment to our People.
The Philippines Global Service Centre (GSC) is one of the firm’s strategic service delivery locations, delivering HRSD products and services to its markets in America and APAC.
General Job Responsibility
The Head HRSD Philippines Service Centre is responsible for integration of the HR Service Delivery as an operational unit into the Philippines GSC, ensuring that all services are delivered in aligned with operating model including risk and control management, resiliency and employee engagement frameworks. The accountable executive will be responsible for the execution of services delivered for the Philippines Service Centre in an optimized, controlled, cost effective and complaint with local regulations. Additionally, for providing oversight at a location level of global services delivered in alignment with the strategy and design of the Global Product Owners Executives. Furthermore, that the team/ individuals performing HR operational activities are appropriately skilled to fulfill their role.
The role reports to the Regional HRSD Executive and Country Head of HR and will sit as on both regional HRSD and Location HR leadership Teams.
- Integration of HR Service Delivery as an operational unit into the Philippines GSC, ensuring that all services are delivered in alignment with operating model , identify and leverage best practice from other Operational groups in the center
- Manage the HRSD Service Center to deliver against its strategic location growth; work with the Global HRSD Leadership Team to define the optimum operating model, lead and support migration of services to the location as appropriate.
- Act as a strategic leader to the location HR team, identifying opportunities for HRSD to add value to broader HR function, lead implementation of initiatives that can piloted locally and scaled across JPMC
Operations Management for Under Direct Accountability
- Manage and monitor services delivered, ensuring delivery to agreed service levels in a controlled environment with minimal inherent and residual risk.
- Ensure that all operational processes are correctly documented (Standard Operating Procedures) and have built in control assessments to review their effectiveness, and delivered in alignment with local regulations/ internal policy requirements.
- Oversight and steward of vendors delivering services for the firm.
Process Excellence & Change Management
- Create and sustain a culture of continuous improvement.
- Identify opportunities to improve operational execution, articulate the business requirement and implement the solution as appropriate.
- Develop people management practices that ensure a stable, committed, experienced and engaged employee base to deliver the services to the firm’s long term goals with a clear focus of talent development and succession planning
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran
At least 15 years previous experience managing complex operations required.
Strong operations management knowledge: finance, payroll or payment operations an advantage.
Demonstrate strong ownership and accountability of people, process, financial, and strategy.
Strong partnering skills: contributes to a collective effort that achieves more than the individuals could achieve working alone.
Experience of partnering with internal control functions (Oversight & Control, Audit and Compliance) to ensure that the overall organizational objectives are met
Evidence of strategic thinking capabilities: defining strategy, and delivering strategic vision considering broader business issues: economic, social and competitive factors.
Client Management Skills: can identify, build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with internal /external contacts thereby delivering success for themselves, others and the firm.
Strong Interpersonal skills: able to communicate internally & externally and at all levels.
Excellent written & oral communication skills in English: ability to presents information and ideas confidently and effectively at all levels, including boards and committees across the globe.
Proven leadership and people management skills: proven ability managing large multi-functional teams, and creating a strong performance culture.
Proven ability to build strong business relationships within the site and across the business.
Ability to use creative problem solving techniques to solve business issues.
Strong process Improvement and project management: six sigma qualification desirable