Commercial Banking - Deposit Specialist - Core Middle Market NE - VP
Req #: 170086646
Job Category: Accounting/Finance/Audit/Risk
Commercial Banking’s (CB) Deposit Pricing & Analytics team is globally responsible for the management of JP Morgan’s Commercial Banking liquidity portfolio and the deposit and investment products that support the portfolio.
The DP&A function broadly focuses on the management of liquidity portfolio pricing and profitability, presentation of complex liquidity deals and investment management expertise to clients, sales training, identification of emerging client requirements, management of segment initiatives and regular business reviews with key stakeholders to drive financial results.
The Deposit Pricing & Solutioning team within the DP&A function provides robust support to CB TS Sales and Banker business heads in portfolio level decisions and supports markets at the deal level in positioning liquidity products and pricing to Commercial Banking clients.
Commercial Banking provides the complete product offering of JPMorgan Chase, including lending, treasury services, investment banking and investment management to corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion.
The Deposit Specialist will report to the Deposit Pricing & Solutioning Core Middle Market Team Lead and will align with Commercial Banking’s Treasury Management Officers (TMO), bankers and other product partners focused on clients in the Northeast Middle Market. This position will be based in New York. Roles and responsibilities include:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Remains directly engaged with Bankers, TMOs and large and/or complex customers in a sales process that determines client needs and objectives, designs specific solutions to meet those needs, and then presents the solutions in a compelling way to win and retain client balances and relationships.
- Serves as a consulting resource to Bankers and TMOs for the determination of exception pricing. Analyzes the impact of exception requests and then serves as the first approval point with a goal of maximizing not just net interest income, but overall client profitability. Provides cost and benefit analysis with recommendations for those whose approvals are additionally required.
- Monitors and communicates competitive trends to markets and the Deposit Analytics team.
- Partners with key stakeholder groups including Liquidity Product Management, Finance, Treasury, Business Management, Operations and Risk Management to ensure alignment with sub-LOB goals, policy and profitability targets.
- Serves as a gatekeeper and liaison with other internal investment providers such as Asset/Wealth Management to manage and coordinate overlapping and additional product capabilities to meet individual client needs
- Serves as back-up for other team members during periods of overflow or staff absences.
- May be required to assist with local Specialized Industry clients where appropriate
- Provides strategic pricing and product direction for the assigned Treasury Sales and Banker management in ways that will maximize client and portfolio profitability, while attracting and solidifying broad customer relationships.
Evaluates and prioritizes strategic initiatives for the business that enhance or impact balance growth, net interest income optimization, and new client acquisition. These initiatives could include Liquidity oriented marketing campaigns, product focus events, periodic exception reviews and ongoing pipeline discussions
Participate in monthly segment meetings to review segment financials, market environment, competition and client dynamics.
Partner with CB Deposit Analytics team to optimize reporting for segments and relay key takeaways and messages to senior market management.
- Minimum 7-10 years experience in investments and/or transactional banking products.
- Proven sales, relationship management or corporate treasury experience
- Experience in managing product sales and distribution programs
- Up to 10% travel
- Banking knowledge, including knowledge of Treasury and Short-term investments businesses
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills - specifically, proven ability to present findings in concise and cogent verbal and written presentations
- Strategic thinker with the ability to motivate and drive tactical execution
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Leadership, partnership and influencing skills
- Communication and presentation skills
- Organizational and administrative skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint (PitchPro)
- Undergraduate degree required