Client Relationship Manager
CCBSI The Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries group is part of Commercial Banking at JPMorgan Chase and focuses on U.S. and Canadian companies typically with revenues of over $500mm which require traditional banking services in addition to investment banking products.
Our competitive advantage is that we cover this market in a truly unique way – through a partnership between our corporate bankers and investment bankers who together build relationships with our clients and offer customized financial solutions.
Our investment bankers bring strategic ideas to clients, which are executed with investment banking products. Our corporate bankers sell commercial banking solutions and structure loan facilities for our clients. This approach brings together integrated financial solutions ranging from cash management to raising capital and structuring complicated financial solutions. Our business partners include Investment Banking, Corporate Derivatives Marketing, Treasury Services and Asset and Wealth Management, among others.
As a Client Relationship Manager (CRM), you will serve as the primary service point of contact for a designated portfolio of clients providing a high touch experience for the firms most strategically important clients within the Corporate Client Banking and Specialized Industries line of business. The CRM is expected to be the client advocate and be ultimately responsible for and own the client experience globally through the handling of the service and account management needs of designated high profile clients who utilize complex domestic and international depository and treasury products. As a CRM you will be expected to work independently with clients to understand their business needs and associated treasury service relationship, exhibit the skill set necessary to act with an extreme sense of urgency, exhibit outstanding communication and partnership skills, and escalate issues promptly. The CRM will be expected to be client facing and have demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with the clients as well as with internal partners. The overall client experience is highly dependent on the appropriate coordination between Service, KYC and Implementations and as such, the CRM will be expected to stay tightly coordinated with these two other departments to ensure we are delivering a best-in-class experience across all three client touch points.
The CRM is considered an integral part of the overall relationship team and is expected to openly and professionally communicate issues impacting the client to the assigned Banker and Treasury Management Officer (TMO) on a regular basis. One of the primary roles of this position will be to act as the global service lead for assigned clients who have regionally assigned service associates. You will be expected to understand all aspects of the client’s global relationship and to coordinate closely with the assigned regional service associates, TMO, Banker and International Product Specialist on the large global relationships. The CRM will remain the single point contact at the US headquarters and will be expected to ensure a consistent global service approach and coordination across the regions.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide a high touch, high value experience to the client base. Including responding to all inquiries within a two hour time frame and updating clients on the status of open items daily until resolution.
- Meet with every assigned client quarterly to build relationships including meeting with contacts in the areas outside of treasury (accounts payable and accounts receivables as necessary)
- Maintain client profiles identifying account structures and products utilized
- Conduct annual relationship reviews with clients within the portfolio
- Proactively notify clients of operational issues that could impact their treasury operations, including but not limited to any migration or remediation projects or system outages.
- Actively participate in deal team meetings as new products and services are added to your client relationships in coordination with the assigned TMO or Sales Associate
- Actively manage client expectations and communicate clearly with all levels within the client as needed
- Proactively review account analysis statements on a monthly basis to identify pricing inconsistencies, billing errors, opportunities to convert paper based solutions to electronic, and protect the client’s from fraud. Partner with assigned TMO and Sales Associate prior to taking action.
- Lead and own the resolution of all client inquiries/problems through interaction with clients, bankers, product partners, branch operations and other staff in a timely and professional manner with a high degree of urgency.
- Understand product enhancements/changes that are introduced through quarterly enterprise releases, and the impact to client base and educate clients as needed in coordination with the TMO and Sales Associate
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of each client’s authorization structure, documentation and adhere to client and bank requirements
- Deliver the firm through the coordination of business partners and ensure the client has appropriate visibility within operations
- Authorize financial refunds and adjustments within the approved guidelines
- Facilitate the negotiation of product or account documentation including blocked account agreements in coordination with appropriate partners and legal