CIB – CFS Middle Office - Associate - Hong Kong
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
CFS Middle Office, Investor Services
CFS Middle Office Representatives are the daily contact and first point of escalation for clients and internal operations teams. They take ownership of the issue and will assess, coordinate and manage the issues with the assistance of the internal teams ensuring that service delivery standards are consistent with service level agreement.
CFS Middle Office Reps are responsible for the monitoring, reporting and advocating continuous improvement of the service delivery relationship between J.P. Morgan and the client. They use various tools to monitor client issues and track progress across the organization, including an enquiry management tool.
Internally, the CFS Middle Office team works in close partnership with the Client Service Account Managers (CSAMs) who own complex items such as Service Delivery Issues (SDIs) and/or Service Requests (SRs). The CFS Middle Office Rep works with, and manage through, other operational areas both locally and globally to ensure provision of timely and efficient level of issues resolution.
Externally, the CFS Middle Office team fosters a close relationship with our clients in order to understand their requirements and expectations and proactively identify query reduction opportunities. CFS Middle Office Reps also meet with clients by participating in client service review meetings and attend service calls with CSAMs, when required.
The CFS Middle Office Rep will often take part in projects. The role of the CFS Middle Office Rep may vary depending on the initiative. It is expected that he/she will partner and be the advocate for the client across other internal business and operations groups.
Key Accountabilities/Major Responsibilities:
- Full accountability for the E2E query resolution raised by clients. These queries will include, but not be limited to Settlements and Corporate Actions, Tax and Income. This will involve detailed discussions/handholding with operations on processes and actions to be taken therein.
- Building relationships with clients to understand client behavior and requirements.
- Drive resolution and management of client queries, leveraging internal teams globally and regionally as appropriate.
Identify Service Requests and Service Delivery Issues for CSAMs to address; as well as any daily activities that may impact client satisfaction.
- Daily contact with clients by email and phone calls. Attend client meetings and calls with CSAMs when required.
- Monitoring and resolution of risk indicators to ensure that both J.P. Morgan and the client are aware of any issues that may have an adverse financial or reputational impact.
- University degree
- At least 3 years experience in Trade Management/Cash/Asset Servicing at a Custodian or Prime Broker with a focus on client service & operations.
- Comprehensive understanding of global markets
- Extensive knowledge of financial markets and instruments, both domestic and global is an advantage.
- Strong focus in client service management, communication and delivery.
- Demonstrated technical, professional, and organizational expertise and a desire to continuously grow and maintain this knowledge.
- Focuses on accountability, action and outcomes to ensure solutions meet client needs while aligning business deliverables to the firm's mission and goals.
- Proactively responds and adapts to change - supports and influences strategies to enable business transformation and enhancement.
- Strong Risk and Control awareness - ability to effectively prioritize workloads and work to critical deadlines.
- Team player but with the ability to operate without direction when required.
- As this role will have regular client facing involvement and engagement with senior staff in all areas of Investor Services, the person in this role must be confident, articulate and able to represent J.P. Morgan in front of clients. Communication skills (Verbal & Written) will be an added advantage.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.