Country Risk Reporting is responsible for providing risk data and analysis to Country Risk Management and Senior Management. The team is responsible for reporting risk exposures across market, credit, country, model and legal entity risk to facilitate a clear understanding and timely management of risk across the firm. Additionally, the team is responsible for managing country crisis reporting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This role is part of Country Risk Reporting. There is a heavy analytical nature to this role which requires the ability to have a conceptual conversation with the business and turn that into a high quality end-product with appropriate analytical commentary. The right candidate must understand and challenge the numbers, and be able to tell the story behind them. Additionally, the candidate needs to understand data flows, investigate and remediate data issues between upstream source systems and the Country Risk Infrastructure.
The role entails the collection, aggregation and analysis of data to produce Country Reports which are used by Senior Risk Management to monitor the firm’s overall risk to selected countries. Topics covered within the job profile include derivative, loans and commitments, issuer positions, internal country ratings, new business initiatives, country strategy papers, exposure and stress against Country Limits, and other risk analyses. The right candidate must have an understanding of either market risk or credit risk concepts and must be able to understand and explain complex stress calculations and the theory behind them.
The team interacts heavily with the Country Risk Management, Credit Risk Management, various Middle Offices, Credit and Market Risk Reporting, Risk F&BM, Investor Relations and Technology.
There is a critical need to focus on ensuring that the risk reporting is comprehensive, useable, and accurate so that all levels of risk management can use it to understand and manage the business in a timely and effective manner.
Specific responsibilities/deliverables include:
· Participate or lead in the collection, aggregation, and analysis of information related to Country Risk for a particular region. Provide input or present findings to Country Risk Management at regular meetings. Provide insight as to the method of stress calculation and factors driving changes to stress levels. Weigh the impact of methodology and process changes and communicate findings to technology and senior management.
· Knowledge and/or experience of credit risk and/or market risk principles or products (issuer, derivatives and financing transactions)
· Experience with risk reporting systems desirable (CRI, SELM, MRI/MaRRS)
· Strong analytical, quantitative, and investigative problem-solving abilities
· Ability to work under pressure, prioritize multiple tasks, and bring tasks to complete closure
· Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Access, Business Objects; development and use of Macros and VBA
· Experience with both process building and process re-engineering
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
· Self-motivated and comfortable working with large amounts of data
· A self-starter who is organized and consistently meets deliverables
· Good team player who can work well with colleagues of various levels, across multiple locations
· Willingness to lead an initiative or play a support role on the broader team
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.