JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $1.1 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Under the JPMorgan, Chase and Bank One brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity and diversity are among our core principles, and then explore the opportunities at JPMorgan Chase. Further information about careers at JPMorgan Chase can be found on our website: www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Sales Enablement Group (SEG) is part of the Investor Services (IS) Sales organisation, reporting to the IS Sales Executive. The group contributes to the IS sales result by the creation and production of sales collateral (proposals & presentations) and the design of sales collateral. In doing so, the group works in close partnership with subject matter experts from areas including sales, relationship management, client service, segment, product management, operations and pricing. The group is 43 people organised functionally across four teams - Proposals, Presentations, Design, & Knowledge Management; and geographically across five countries - United States, United Kingdom, India, Philippines, & Hong Kong. The group’s core objective is to help the firm win business by building the best sales collateral, in the shortest amount of time, with the smallest time involved from Sales, Product and other subject matter experts.
The group’s core objective is to help the firm win business…by building the best sales collateral, in the shortest amount of time, with the smallest time involved from Investor Services stakeholders. This position is both accountable and responsible for actively project managing, creating and delivering best in class projects, as well as capturing and leveraging material for future use.
Knowledge Specialists reports into the Global Knowledge Manager in New York. The knowledge team has 12 people working together to continually enhance & maintain three platforms:
- Knowledge base system – QPA (used by the Sales Enablement Group and a small number of approved product and subject matter experts)
- Sales material delivery platform - the Sales Enablement Desktop, which is available to the firm globally and has over 3,500 users
- Team project management, resourcing & reporting system – The Grid (delivered through Salesforce)
The Knowledge Specialist will maintain, update and enhance content of databases (statistical and written content). The databases are used for a number of sales functions, including building proposals, pitch books, marketing & industry publications and general day to day business decision making.
The individual must be self motivated, have excellent project / time management skills, and focus to drive projects to completion within set deadlines.
Position requires interaction with all levels of staff, including sales officers, relationship management, product managers, business managers and line staff around the world. They are required to write, edit or customize database responses to address specific client/prospect requirements or feedback from subject matter experts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure that information in database(s) is current, accurate and consistent through database drafts and regular content reviews.
- Coordinate with subject matter experts to update database with new responses as products are enhanced.
- Ensure database works effectively by maintaining records, including folder structure, keywords, reviewer assignments and other relevant fields.
- Look for ways to provide additional value to our stakeholders, enhance efficiency within our team and strive for continuous improvement
- Reporting, regular and ad-hoc on asset usage and user activity
- Maintenance of users
- Co-ordination and compilation of SOPs for the Sales Enablement Group
- Adhoc projects
Key Accountabilities/Major Responsibilities
- Contribute to the centralized Knowledge-Base of materials used globally for sales collateral (proposals & presentations)
- be accountable for the quality and accuracy of information being added to the knowledge-base, by ensuring appropriate sign-offs and following SOPs
- Proactively write/edit and develop new / better content
- Contribute to improving and advance the visual representation of content for proposals & presentations.
- Partner, develop & manage relationships & review processes with the appropriate Subject Matter Experts to ensure that all Knowledge-Base materials are accurate and appropriately position the firm to win business.
- Partner with the global presentation & proposal teams to create and maintain the library of standard deliverables for self-service by users.
- Actively promote the use of the centralised Knowledge-Base by colleagues across the business
- Education, Support & Training
- Act as regional contact point for Sales Enablement Desktop support, training and education of new and existing users of the tool.
- Work within the tool to load assets, create new users and generate reports – quickly and accurately.
- Become skilled in the statistics management activities of the team, including data gathering, production of the IS Global Statistics Book, Autoprompt maintenance and statistics request processes.
- Behave and operate at all times as a team player and a knowledge management professional. Represent the best interests of IS Sales and the Sales Enablement Group as your first goal in any interaction.
- Responsible for maintaining / writing and coordinating global team Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) document, detailing step-by-step processes for BAU activities. Work with the Global Manager to incorporate the updated sections and distribute.
- Be proactive and contribute to discussion around refining processes, systems & methodologies to improve the quality of work completed by the Team as well as efficiency.
- Partner with members of the team on tasks, special projects and also reach out and build relationships with the members of the Sales Enablement Group.
Technology Vendor Management
- Perform user administration activities for QPA, including: adding and removing users, providing training, assisting with access issues
- Maintain up-to-date listing of system users to allow processing of vendor invoices, and designation of relevant fees to the correct user cost centres.
- Act as a point of contact for technical support for users, liaising with vendor support to resolve issues expediently
Experience/ Background/ Key Competencies
- Minimum 6 years' experience with proposals, presentations and / or Knowledge-Base management (QPA strongly preferred)
- Strong team player skills. Must be able to work within a remote team / manager environment
- Strong and effective communication skills, verbal and written, and ability to set and manage expectations
- Self motivated, with excellent project management skills and ability to drive projects through to completion
- A proven ability to engage stakeholders from across the business and form effective working relationships; requires strong communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to work well and effectively under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Strong organisation skills and the ability to continually re-assess priorities
- Excellent business writing, organizational and project management skills are essential.
- An understanding of securities services industry and products
- Excellent written English, including a understand of both British & American English
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint required
- Bachelor's degree, MBA or a post graduate in finance or marketing
- Experience with Salesforce desired but not required