We have a strong belief that the future of our infrastructure is on the cloud. As part of this vision we have already begun building the ‘bridge’ to access public cloud in addition to a private cloud for specific workflows. Significant engineering challenges remain in 1) driving the architecture of our public cloud and enabling the best possible developer experience allowing teams to focus on building world class financial applications 2) assisting our developers migrate existing to the cloud and build new applications in a cloud native way.
To assist in both these challenges we have established a Cloud Engineering function with responsibility for leading these architecture activities in close partnership with the developer community. Within this small organization we require a number of experienced people to be our CIB Cloud Engineers. This is a critical role and will lead to significant transformation across the CIB.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will work with the Software Engineering community to enable applications to migrate to the cloud. This includes interactions throughout the migration, starting with cloud suitability and business case, design, and all the way through to implementation.
Success for this role is defined by a simple criteria: what business value did we enable via cloud adoption, and did we advance the quality/stability/control of our environment and the developer efficiency.
This is an opportunity for you to join an internal consultancy, as a valued SME, to help us shape the future of Cloud solutions for the leading Investment Bank in the world.
Cloud Adoption Engineering:
- Ensure alignment of cloud adoptions with the value propositions and our capabilities, i.e. are we migrating the right applications/workloads at the right time to maximize benefits
- Work with application lead engineers to solve the problem of how to migrate existing applications to cloud (make cloud friendly), and for new applications how to design them directly onto the cloud
o Balance engineering factors and business value and time horizons
o Work on design with team, and crisply and quickly articulate architecture for other stakeholders
o Identify missing cloud features and any other constraints and work to get them enabled/built
o Design solutions to meet application control requirements
o Assist in designing workflow and developer SDLC/automation to gain the most from cloud
o Support and transfer cloud engineering expertise to developers
- Bachelor/Masters in computer science/computer/electrical engineering/maths/physics
- Must have been a software engineer at some point in recent career. Ideally still writes code at work
- Hands on experience with one of the public clouds: AWS, Google or Azure
- Deep or moderate and rapidly growing experience with cloud architectures: security, availability, microservices, consumption based billing, designs for scalability
- Comfortable leading the design process with senior engineers
- Experience with solution architecture/documenting software architectures
- Understanding of DevOps principles, tools and the intersection with cloud architecture
- Hands-on, applied and delivery focused
- Finance experience a bonus, however non-finance background with cloud engineering experience is welcomed
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.