J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking,
financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate &
Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits,
institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance,
Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset &
Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important
financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic
and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key
market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are
integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore
and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic
support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
The Technology team at our GSCs service all Lines of Business and Enterprise Technology in helping build and operate
innovative industry leading solutions. The breadth of capabilities within the Technology team at the GSC enables it to
support the firm in leading edge areas such as Digital, Big data analytics, Robotics & Machine Learning.
The Digital Technology supports public Internet sites & Mobile apps for all lines of business within J. P. Morgan Chase.
Digital Tech is comprised of over 400 professionals located in New York, Ohio, Texas and California. The group consists
of senior business strategists, developers, infrastructure and architecture specialists, information architects, usability
professionals, interactive designers, editors and other project support and operations staff. Digital Tech works closely with
all lines of business including: Auto Lending, Business Banking, Card Services, Commercial Banking, Education Finance,
Home Lending, Investing, Private Bank, Private Client Services, Retail and Treasury. JPMorgan Chase's online & Mobile
sites are currently among the top ranked in the industry. Digital Tech's goal is to provide consistent, integrated internet
applications that are intuitive, dependable and easy to use for all customers.
As an Applications Developer, you will provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by
developing applications for the Chase Online customer base. This position requires a high level of development expertise
with Internet based programming architectures and Object Oriented principles. The ability to communicate effectively
is also required as you will work closely with other groups both within and outside of the organization to coordinate
design, development, and testing efforts of your assigned application components to ensure the successful delivery of the
The Applications Developer position in Digital Tech is responsible for ensuring the successful design, development
and code review of application components from a project level. You will utilize mature programming methodologies
and languages and adhere to coding standards, procedures, and techniques. You will additionally be responsible for
performing software troubleshooting and monitoring functions for an extremely high transaction rate and low to zero
downtime based applications.
- 6+ years of extensive hands on Application Development work experience throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Strong analysis, design, coding, review and debugging skills with Internet applications
- Strong focus on time-management, decision-making, and project delivery
- Experience in identifying and optimizing existing code and code developed by other team members
- Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical.
- Should be able to work in a fast paced and scrum/agile environment with aggressive deadlines, where each sprint will
constitute 2 to 3 weeks
- Ability to work in agile scrum development environment
- Solid understanding of multithreaded software design.
- Solid understanding of the AJAX and Spring frameworks.
- Understanding (preferred experience) in JQuery, NodeJS, AngularJS, extJS, SenchaTouch Framework, Promise, and other frameworks like (FlightJS, requireJS, wireJS , AngularJS)
- Strong knowledge of server side design patterns and continuous delivery principles.
- Excellent understanding of development concepts and SDLC methodologies.
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- 5+ years of web development experience, experience working on Windows and Java platforms
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field