About the role:
A front office facing Client technology role, with exposure to a mixture of buy and build technology in a dynamic and expanding strategic area. You will be expected to understand JPMorgan Macro business’ Sales desk workflow and JPMorgan’s technology service delivered directly to clients ranging from execution to analytics suite. You will have the opportunity to provide innovative technical solutions to new business problems.
About the team:
You will be part of the Macro Client technology team, a dynamic group of 60+ technologists globally. We deliver technology solutions across all business lines, dealing with FX, Rates, and Commodity business.
The team focus on delivering JP in-house Sales & Client workstation that empowers Sales to interact with clients in technically innovative way and empowers Clients to execute electronically with JPMorgan and integrate directly with JPMorgan industry leading analytics.
Our business vision is simple:
- Maintain and extend #1 industry leadership.
- Implement high availability infrastructure.
- Best-in-class client service and operational capabilities.
- The successful candidate will be involved in the full development life cycle of analysis, design, implementation, testing, deployment and support of Macro Client technology platform. Specifically you can expect to:
- Design technology solutions on different scales
- Be mindful of cost / benefit analysis in everything they do
- Advise management and project mangers on build or buy decisions - and will have autonomy to make these decisions within existing technical business context .
- Cut code to deliver enhanced functionality across our suite of in-house components and applications
- Be an expert on integrating in-house applications to existing vendor technology (Nirvana, KDB, Oracle ..etc)
- Produce documentation for other technologists, users and support
- Develop and unit test software application modules using disciplined software development processes including waterfall and agile.
- Be involved in requirements gathering and business analysis tasks.
- Co-ordinate systems integration test with other teams