The Firm-wide Oversight and Control Group provides a centralized view of all control functions, and thereby assists in immediate, real time problem detection and escalation. Within each line of business there are designated control officers who report both to the CEOs of their respective LOBs globally, and to the Chief Control Officer. Their roles are to coordinate across all functional areas, particularly with Risk and Compliance, and oversee regulatory exams for their coverage area, ensure regulatory issues are addressed expeditiously, lead/manage programs & initiatives to ensure full compliance where appropriate, work with stakeholders to implement policy and regulatory changes as communicated by Legal and Compliance, oversee implementation of Self Assessments (RCSAs), with support of a central Control Design team, ensure changes are rolled out consistently across business areas where applicable, and execute required training. A central control team exists to support the senior control officers covering functional areas such as business management, governance and program management, training and communications.
The Latin America Oversight & Control Group assumes an oversight role across businesses and functions within the region, partnering with the Business Control Officers, Operations Control Managers, Technology Control Officers, as well as the Central Control Team, Risk and Compliance to deliver the functional objectives at a Latin America level. The team is responsible for supporting the operational activities of the regional team, notably: governance and program management; metrics, reporting and analytics; strategy, business management, training and communications; Regulatory relations and exam management.
The role will report to the O&C Manager responsible for Argentina, Chile and Peru.
- Proactively promote risk aware behavior at all levels and represent the function at key local forums
- Support the senior O&C Manager to ensure location governance is effective and documentation of the model is kept up to date
- Support the coordination of the Location Control Committee (LCC), provide minutes maintenance and monitor status of action plans
- Develop and build a strong network of internal stakeholder relationships in order to ensure a cohesive control agenda in each location
- Participate and provide input to key control programs, such as the Office of Legal Obligations (OLO), Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), etc.
- Provide support to the business and functional groups during local regulatory reviews and internal / external audits, particularly as it relates to the local governance framework. Ensure response to the regulatory/audit letters adequately mitigate the risks identified by these auditors.
- Work with business and corporate contacts across the region to ensure a proactive view of upcoming themes on an ongoing basis
- Participate in deep dives on key themes and trends to bring topics to governance as needed.
- Partner with applicable control officers to ensure that operational risk events occurred in the location are promptly reflected onto the corporate risk event system (FORCE) and that appropriate action plans are documented
· Participate in regional initiatives and provide remote assistance to other locations if/when necessary