Treasury Services, FX Product Manager – Associate
Location – London
About J.P. Morgan Treasury Services
J.P. Morgan Treasury Services (TS) is one of the world's largest providers of treasury management services. J.P. Morgan's TS business is a full-service provider of innovative cash management, trade, liquidity, commercial card, and escrow services - specifically developed to meet the challenges treasury professionals face today. More than 135,000 corporations, financial institutions, governments and municipalities in over 180 countries and territories entrust their business to J.P. Morgan.
FX Payments is one of JPMorgan's strategic areas of growth. FX Payments sits within the Treasury Services franchise and works closely with JPMorgan’s Markets franchise for FX execution. Global Payments Strategy is a multi-million dollar investment for JPMC transaction banking services. This ambitious program includes revamping and enhancing current payment platforms, enhancing client value proposition and introducing industry-leading products for the bank. Internal cross currency payments market is undergoing one of the exciting times – clients now demand simple and cost effective payment methods for complex International payment requirements.
About the Team
The FX Product Management function broadly focuses on a broad range of business orientated strategies including deep product understanding, P&L management, business development, day to day management and risk and controls for the TSFX product suite to ensure the business maintains client focused delivery of market viable, profitable and operationally supported solutions.
The TSFX landscape is continuing to evolve – clients now demand simple and cost effective payment methods for complex International payment requirements.
About the Position
This product management role encompasses a number of key product management responsibilities. The successful candidate will be working with Senior Product managers to driving client solutions and new business development opportunities. FX Product Manager is a regional role and comes with a responsibility for managing and driving ongoing support to the business. The candidate will sit within the Treasury Services product team supporting multinational corporations and financial institutions with their cross-currency transactional requirements. This role involves managing the product life-cycle and being accountable for the day to day management of the product, whilst ensuring risks are well controlled and managed. Although the role is based in EMEA, TSFX product is a global team based in EMEA, WHEM and APAC. In this role, you will closely collaborate with GCB, Sales, Operations, Technology, Risk giving you the opportunity to grow your network and understand the world of transaction banking for treasuries.
Additionally the candidate will help deliver the broader business strategy, for example ensuring that the FX products are futureproof. The candidate will be supporting the day-to-day product management responsibilities across the team, which includes developing the solution set and client collateral, managing the risk and control agenda, running data analysis and following and implementing industry changes. You will be expected to quickly learn and understand the TSFX product suite and how these products can be integrated into a wider TS solution for a client.
- Develop subject matter expertise on TSFX products as well as a good working knowledge of other products and services used by TS clients
- Working with Operations, Client Service, Technology and Sales colleagues, support BAU delivery of the TSFX solution, manage exception events and significant client transactions, help to resolve incidents.
- Create reporting for the senior stakeholders, including management teams
- Understand the risks inherent in the clearing products and assist product managers to drive programs to reduce risks
- Manage and grow Product P&L, driving new business opportunities
- Deliver and maintain high quality marketing collateral for the product
- Work closely with the other product managers and sales teams in this and other regions, to provide integrated solutions to clients
- Partner with other product managers and internal stakeholders as required to complete industry and regulatory reporting/ questionnaires.
- Proven Product Management or Payment experience
- Ability to learn the technical and operational aspects of the FX and Clearing products quickly
- Team player and capable of building relationships with key business partners
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong organization and problem solving skills
- Proactive, takes ownership of initiatives from the start; sees through to completion
- Confidence and excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Experience with and/or prior collaboration with Sales, Technology and Compliance
- Creative problem solver, capable of developing innovative and differentiated solutions
- Desire to win
- Presentation skills – making and delivering presentations to a varied audience
- Bachelors degree, MBA preferred
- Proficient in MS Office suite of applications
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.