About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and financial institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $20 trillion of assets under custody and processing $5 trillion in payments every day, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity to clients and in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Global Corporate Bank
The Global Corporate Bank manages J.P. Morgan's overall relationships with large corporations, financial institutions and public sector organizations globally to solve problems for clients and help them to grow. We help our clients meet their objectives and challenges in financing, risk management, cash management investments and working capital. Clients benefit from dedicated coverage provided by experienced corporate bankers, who deliver the firm's extensive product platform and presence around the globe.
We are pleased to announce an exciting opportunity to join the GCB MNC team covering the subsidiaries of North America/ EMEA/LATAM/Asia HQ companies operating in Japan. We are looking for an experienced MNC banker to cover Inbound Multinational Clients based in Japan. This role reports into the Regional Head of MNC Corporate Banking .
Key Responsibilities covered by these areas:
- Build and develop Treasurer/CFO level coverage of Corporate Bank selected clients in Japan
- Development of forward looking new business plans for clients and the maintenance of existing business relationships
- Responsible for partnering with HQ parent teams and regional teams to drive and deliver financial goals for GCB and TS Sales for Japan MNC.
- Responsible for partnering with product and coverage partners to market a wide array of products and services (including: traditional credit products, private placements, FX Flow Derivatives, Commodities,Treasury Services, Investor Services, and Asset Wealth Management).
- Conduct comprehensive client analysis to identify business needs that can be met with JPMorgan's broad array of corporate banking products across debt capital markets, risk management, treasury and securities services and asset management: Conversion of client analysis into concrete financial solutions
- Conduct regular cross functional reviews with peers in Client Service and Operations (locally and regionally) to ensure coordinated management of client relationships
- Ensure a strong Risk & Control framework is maintained with an ongoing focus on adherence to KYC, AML, GFCC, PAD, PEP and Reputation Risk standards, to name a few
- Participate in regular GCB/TS management meeting and talent reviews
- Promote the needs of the Japan-based MNC clients with local and regional product partners
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Treasury Services/cash & liquidity management sales/product
- Client Relationship manager with proven ability to build and develop client relationships, win new business, close transactions and develop networks, both internally and externally
- Must be able to demonstrate Credit knowledge
- Solid knowledge of commercial banking products
- Strong commercial judgment
- Understanding of flow derivatives, FX, commodities, transaction banking and securities processing would be very helpful.
- Strong influencing skills and proven track record of managing cross cultural environments
- Strong partnership skills
- Knowledge and experience with KYC (“Know Your Customer”) processes
- The ability to read, write and speak English and Japanese is a prerequisite
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer