Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries We serve more than 50 million consumers and small businesses through more than 5,600 bank branches, 18,700 ATMs, credit cards, mortgage offices and online and mobile banking as well as through relationships with auto dealerships.
Within Chase, Commerce Solutions is a leading provider of merchant services, offering proprietary platforms that enable integrated solutions for all payment types, including credit, debit, prepaid stored value and electronic check processing as well as digital, alternative and mobile payment options.
As a Chase employee, you’ll be part of a company that makes a real difference every day for our customers, our communities and ourselves. With a focus on customer service, you’ll put others first, do what’s right and create solutions that make lives better. We invite you to build your career on our strong foundation and help shape what’s next – for you and for us.
As a Software Engineer, you will create and maintain source code that translates business requirements into custom business solutions. You will develop and test mission-critical enterprise applications that meet the needs of the business. You will provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing break-fix solutions and enhancements for applications within new and mature technology environments. Plans, builds, tests and implements source code and solutions. Assists with problem analysis, reports findings, and recommends solutions.
- Supports build out of semantic layer architecture.
- Supports creation of Java framework in support of Elastic Search and Spark implementation.
- Supports definition of unit testing standards and code review policy.
- Determines implementation approach for new and existing business solutions.
- Participates in all aspects of the development life cycle including analysis, design, development, and deployment.
- Supports build out of automation.
- Drives centralized documentation through SharePoint on all application related and project related information.
- Communication and coordination with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Support of current state services and Oracle packages.
The points below have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these, with or without a reasonable accommodation, for your application to be considered.
Experience in programming high performance REST based web service frameworks
Experience building and delivering Big Data solutions to a production environment.
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Computer Science or a related business field
- 10+ years of software development experience including, but not limited to, mature design, coding, testing and debugging skills
- 5+ years of experience writing PL/SQL or SQL scripts. Must be able to write stored procedures, triggers, functions, and tables.
- 5+ years of web development experience with Java
3+ years of experience in handling large data-sets or working with Hadoop and related tools like Apache Kafka, NoSql, and HDFS.
3+ years of experience with Apache Spark
3+ years of experience with ElasticSearch
2+ years of experience as a team lead
Experience with DevOps tools like Docker, Chef, and Puppet.
Experience with continuous development and deployment
Experience and exposure to Cloud deployment on AWS and Azure.
- Web development experience with ASP.Net and C#
- Comfortable in more than one programming language and have a firm grasp of fundamental web/internet technologies.
- Knowledge and experience working in an Agile environment.
- Demonstrable Business and Professional Communication Skills
- Demonstrable ability to innovate and deliver on time / budget
- Ability to work independently on projects and issues
- Comfortable with matrix managed teams
- Hands-on implementation skills and experience in requirements analysis and change management
- Experience in working with stakeholders and end-users
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions
- Demonstrated teamwork and ability to work with diversified multi-location team
- Ability to mentor and train junior developers.
- An eagerness to learn about the payment processing industry.
- Exposure to automation
- Exposure to monitoring and diagnosing tools such as Dynatrace.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.