JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. J.P. Morgan's focus on being the world's most successful financial services institution starts with Technology - the driving force that gives us our leading edge. Ongoing investment in the firm's technological future means that by joining. J.P. Morgan, you'll have a front-row seat to product innovation, and work on complex solutions to the most difficult financial problems.
The Securitized Products Group is engaged in a variety of activities related to consumer and real estate assets. The business originates, underwrites and trades mortgage and other asset-backed receivables, and the product mix includes residential and commercial mortgage-backed securities and loans, as well as auto, credit card, student loan and consumer receivables.
SPG UI and Pricing technology is seeking a C#/.NET/WPF Sr. software engineer to collaborate with banking and trading business partners to analyze and design innovative solutions to business issues and opportunities that drive results in line with business tech strategy.
The ideal candidate possesses a passion for technology, excellent problem solving skills, thinks and acts strategically, thrives in a dynamic business and technical environment where change is constant. The candidate must be able to effectively communicate with other technologists and business partners. Experience in the financial services industry is required. (Pricing and Trading, MBS, Fixed Income preferred). Knowledge of Java, Excel and VBA is desired.
- Execute product development including analysis, requirements definition, technical design, programming, testing, technical documentation, and implementation of both front-end and middle tier layers for in-house Trading and Pricing system
- Analyze complex data analysis and workflow requirements. Must be able to consolidate information from various business areas, analyze the problem or requirement(s), and recommend an appropriate solution
- Design and develop n-tier software using primarily Microsoft technologies
- Act as the point of contact for business partners (front office) demonstrating a solid understanding of business needs and envisage how they can best be served by process improvements and technology
- Ability to design and implement comprehensive unit and regression testing for different components of the system.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Maintain and improve code quality, organization, and automation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Math or equivalent training and relevant experience
- 10+ years of application development experience
- 5+ years of experience on working with databases like SQL Server, Sybase, Oracle PL/SQL
- Hands-on experience in real time messaging technologies like Tibco EMS. Past experience with building high volume data centric solutions is a plus
- 8+ years experience with build, code and deployment processes and have contributed to design
- 8+ years of .NET Development experience in C# (preferred), Winforms, WPF
- 8+ years of proven expertise and deep experience with Enterprise Multi-tier Desktop and Multi-threaded software development, application/database tuning
- Deep understanding of software design patterns and how to apply them to build maintainable code
- Solid understanding of n-tier application integration principles. Experience with processing large datasets and managing distributed transactions is a plus
- Experience in configuration and change management processes
- In-depth hands-on work experience as a software developer in an Investment Banking or equivalent environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to be highly effective with both technical and business
- Experience working in distributed team model
- Ability to work independently on projects and issues
- Experience in working with stakeholders and end-users
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency, while maintaining attention to detail
- Familiarity with object-relational mapping (ORM) and associated tools (i.e. Entity Framework, NHibernate, LINQ etc.)
- Exposure to cloud programming/platforms
- Experience with TPL, MVVP, and Dependency Injection (Unity, MEF, Castle Winsdor, etc.)