Corporate Treasury - Interest Rate Risk - Program Manager - Associate
Req #: 170087871
Job Category: Accounting/Finance/Audit/Risk
Chief Investment Office and Global Treasury are responsible for managing the Firm’s liquidity risk, interest rate risk, foreign exchange risk, and other structural risks. The division also manages the firm's capital, balance sheet, liquidity, funding, rating agency relationships and insurance activities.
Structural interest rate risk is the risk that the value of the Firm's financials and balance sheet may change due to changes in the level of interest rates. The Analyst/Associate will join the program management team responsible for execution of multi-year initiatives designed to develop and continually improve the way the Firm measures, monitors, and reports structural interest rate risk. Examples of initiatives include sourcing more robust data for the risk calculation process, introduction of new models and cash flow calculators, enhancing reporting granularity (to enable risk reporting by currency, country, legal entity, etc.), and enhancing system capabilities to increase the number of scenarios reported (calculating risk results under different economic environments).
This role includes a high degree of interaction with stakeholders within JPMC’s various lines of business as well as functional areas (Front Office/Strategy, Risk, Operations, Technology, etc). The individual will be exposed to the full lifecycle of each change and will own several projects simultaneously. This role is analytical in nature, requiring the Analyst/Associate to perform data analyses to identify issues, and requires strong problem solving skills and out-of-the-box thinking in order to solve those issues.
Primary role and responsibilities include:
- Developing knowledge and experience in structural interest rate risk, including the different risk calculations, models, and assumptions used to measure the risk. This includes learning about different banking products (e.g., deposits, loans, credit cards) and their impact to the Firm's risk profile
- Facilitating gathering of business requirements and drive solutions with direct impact to Interest Rate risk and Funds Transfer Pricing metrics and reports
- Working closely with different SMEs to understand, document, and evaluate current processes. This will involve conducting interviews with key persons, performing data analyses, and creating process maps in Microsoft Visio
- Analyzing large volumes of data, diagnose issues and roadblocks, solve problems creatively and drive towards resolution within resource and timing constraints. Ability to perform data analysis, recognize patterns and recommend conclusions based on facts is a critical component of the role. Data analysis and problem solving is expected at various stages of each project, including scope analysis, writing of business requirements and UAT test execution.
- Communicating status of deliverables to key stakeholders through PowerPoint presentations and high-level summary communications.
- Testing technical solutions and new processes to ensure that they are developed and built appropriately per requirements
- Following appropriate business and technology change management governance protocols to effectively integrate change into existing business processes
The candidate must be a self starter who is able to work in a fast paced, results driven environment.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience supporting large-scale projects within Asset & Liability Management, Treasury, Finance or Risk space
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Math or other quantitative field. MBA/Master’s degree is preferred.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, critical thinking, investigative problem-solving and decision making talents
- Strong collaboration skills to effectively work with and communicate to different functional teams and different levels of management
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize multiple tasks, and bring tasks to complete closure
- Organized and able to execute responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Strong technical skills (particularly in MS Excel, MS Vizio and MS PowerPoint). Knowledge of or willingness to learn SQL a plus.