JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO). CT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda.
A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
• Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm’s regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments
• Advancing the firm’s Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms
• Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
• Driving innovation across the firm’s corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
• Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency
WorkForce Technology (WFT) is the central steward for the design, build, and asset management for the firm's Human Capital technology across all lines of business and global regions. JPMorgan is competitive across the financial services industry in our workforce strategy capabilities. In partnership with our HR business partners and service providers we deliver solutions that meet the requirements of our key clients - JPMorgan employees. HRT provides technology support for staffing and on-boarding, employee records, payroll, talent management, compensation, benefits, learning, employee and manager service, workforce planning and analytics, and back office call center operations.
• Must have a passion for Big Data ecosystem and understands the structured, semi-structured or unstructured data pretty well
• Big data background with experience designing and implementing large scale systems
• 15+ years of overall experience in middle-tier/backend systems development in Java, Big Data, RDBMS, ETL and Data warehousing with Linux environments.
• 10+ years of hands on experience working in a technical environment as senior developer or technical lead.
• 3+ years of hands-on experience on Hadoop stack of technologies (Cloudera distribution for Hadoop is preferable) such as Map Reduce, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, HBase, Oozie etc. is must.
• 3+ Working experience with Enterprise Java development, NoSql data platforms (Cassandra), Pub/sub messaging (Rendezvous, AMPS, Kafka, etc), Stream processing (Storm, Spark Streaming, etc)
• 3+ Years of experience into Agile (Scrum) methodology
• 3+ years of hands-on experience with data architecture, data modeling, database design and data warehousing.
• 3+ years of hands-on experience with SQL development and query performance optimization.
• 3+ years of experience in Linux environment
• 2+ years of experience in Talend is absolute plus / highly desirable.
• 1+ years of hands-on experience an ETL tool like Pentaho, Data Stage, Informatica, or Ab Initio.
• 2+ years of hands-on experience with traditional RDBMS such as Oracle, DB2, MS SQL and/or PostgresSQL.
• 2+ years of experience in data security paradigm.
• Fair understanding of Cloud technologies.
• Some knowledge of Scala and Python languages.
• Extensive experience with horizontally scalable and highly available system design and implementation, with focus on performance and resiliency
• Willingness to commit extra effort to meet deadlines as required on a high profile and business critical project
• Excellent thinking, verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong estimating, planning and time management skills.
• Strong understanding of Big Data and open source technologies.
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, highly engaging, high-pressure environment.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.