Commercial Banking - Credit Markets Business Management – Business Management - Associate
Req #: 170095334
Job Category: Accounting/Finance/Audit/Risk
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of over $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Commercial Banking (CB) delivers extensive industry knowledge, local expertise and seamless global capabilities to clients—including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, real estate investors and owners, and not-for-profit organizations—with annual revenue generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. We offer a comprehensive set of financial products and services including credit, asset-based lending, real estate finance and treasury. We also provide clients with access to investment banking and asset management services.
Credit Markets (CM) is a product segment within CB, consisting of Asset Based Lending (ABL), Equipment Finance (EF), the ESOP Advisory Group, the Syndicated Finance Group (SFG) and Trade Finance. CM acts as a strategic resource for bankers to bring customized, comprehensive solutions to meet the various business-specific or marketplace needs of the firm’s clients and prospects.
The CM Business Management team is responsible for the organization, delivery, and execution of both strategic and tactical initiatives to support the CM product groups and their respective priorities. The team partners closely with CM senior management as well as key product and functional partners on various initiatives and ongoing business requirements. CM Business Management is part of the broader CB Business Management function within CB Finance.
As part of the CM Business Management team, the Business Management Associate will contribute to the CM growth agenda by supporting key projects and initiatives as well as managing certain ongoing business needs with a focus on reporting, analytics and data control. The role offers high visibility into CM and CB business strategy.
- Provide data analytics and reporting in support of CM product groups
- Deliver monthly and quarterly sales reporting to business [e.g. Executive Management Report (EMR), Quarterly Business Review (QBR), segment reports, pipeline reports, sales performance reporting, etc.]
- Manage pipeline/portfolio management tools and associated reporting for SFG, ESOP and ABL International, currently maintained in SharePoint
- Provide ad hoc data analysis and translate analysis into executive level presentations when needed
- Liaise with CB Data Analytics and Tools (DAT) team to provide requirements for existing reporting tools and manage ongoing reporting strategy
- Partner with CM business managers and CM senior management to continuously enhance key business reporting and improve data quality
- Act as CM’s primary contact for CB Client Relationship Management (CRM) system requirements and releases
- Provide oversight and governance of internal business resources through ownership of ABL and EF business SharePoint sites
- Simultaneously manage and participate in multiple projects across CM
- Represent and advocate for CM in various cross-CB and firmwide projects
- Leverage broad understanding of the business to identify areas for continued process improvement and enhanced efficiencies
Key Skills Required:
- Execution and project management skills – Well-developed organizational skills to manage multiple projects and priorities. Able to quickly and effectively respond to rapidly changing business needs and urgent requests. Scope projects and create workable project plans. Must be self-directed with the ability to explore innovative ways to perform tasks in an efficient and timely manner. Must be proactive, detail and results-oriented, and willing to drive change. Strong organizational, time management and follow-up skills; flexibility, ability to prioritize requests and multi-task
- Communications skills – Must possess strong verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to synthesize “the story” for executive-level audiences and adjust messages and style based on different audiences and agendas
- Problem solving skills – Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities coupled with the ability to identify issues, gather and manipulate data, obtain consensus and implement change. Able to outline work process in a thoughtful and detailed manner. Intellectually curious with a genuine interest in knowledge gathering and problem solving
- Technical and analytical skills – Able to produce accurate, error-free analysis and reporting. Understand business drivers and ensure that the groups’ analyses are sound. Capable of synthesizing large amounts of data in Excel and from internal systems to develop strategic conclusions
- Leadership and interpersonal skills – Strong professional presence with the ability to interact and influence colleagues at all levels in the business. Able to collaborate with peer team members across business and staff areas at all levels, and achieve goals without direct control over all resources. Proactively seeks guidance, clarification and feedback from others.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience
- Investment/Commercial banking or management consulting experience preferred
- Business management and/or project management experience preferred
- Expertise in Excel and PowerPoint (PitchPro) required
- Expertise in Microsoft SharePoint (design and maintenance) preferred
- Familiarity with internal JPMC systems (e.g. Client Central, CKC) is a plus
- Familiarity with internal reporting tools and datamarts [e.g. Business Objects, QlikView, Qlik Sense, CBBI, EDH]
BA/BS degree required