About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
Cybersecurity is chartered with managing and directing the security programs focused on the discipline of cyber security design, implementation, analytics, threats, monitoring, response, and investigation across the organization. Our core services are focused on assuring the security of the computing environment, protecting customer and employee confidential information, and complying with regulatory requirements globally. This is accomplished through strong information risk governance, active collaboration with business risk managers, and providing high quality security solutions and services which enable improving the organization's overall risk posture.
The SIEM Engineer will design, develop, test and implementation of JPMorgan Chase & Co Security logging solutions. The Security data platform is the repository for the collection, storage and correlation event data across the enterprise. It must rapidly identify, prioritize, and respond to various security events, compliance violations, policy breaches, cyber security attacks, and insider threats. The successful candidate will work within the Security Engineering team, in partnership with firm’s Architecture, Security Operations and Lines of businesses, in a hands-on environment; working with numerous and varied applications. The successful candidate will have a strong combination of practical networking, firewall management, proxy solutions, information technology, and security skills.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Performs all administration, management, configuration, testing, and integration tasks related to the Splunk, BigData/Hadoop, ArcSight ESM and associated platforms to include content creation, maintenance, and administration tasks.
- Research, analyze and understand log sources utilized for the purpose of security monitoring, particularly security and networking devices (such as firewalls, routers, anti-virus products, proxies, and operating systems)
- Develop, implement, and execute standard procedures for the administration, content management, change management, version/patch management, and lifecycle management of the SIEM/Log Management platforms.
- Provide technical inputs to management during proof-of-concept reviews for new security products.
- Provide technical guidance to the Security Operations Center and/or the lines of businesses during investigations or incident response.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 7+ years in security logging and monitoring engineering.
- 5+ years hands on experience in engineering and supporting large scale Splunk or similar event logging solutions for large corporations is preferred.
- 5+ years of multiple security platform administration or engineering within large-scale or global enterprises combined
- 3+ years of experience within an engineering role designing or implementing complex BIG Data / hadoop and large data management solutions.
- 2+ year experience in Hadoop/BigData technology configuration and management is preferred.
- Understanding of Network Firewalls, Load-balancers, and complex network designs.
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Hands on experience with database engineering and support.
- Good command on Python, Perl, SQL, Regex and Shell scripting is required.
- Experience installing and maintaining Syslog-NG, windows Snare and MSCOM is preferred.
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential.