About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across Banking, Markets and Investor Services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With nearly $20 trillion of assets under custody, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Office of Legal Obligation (OLO) program is a firm-wide, global initiative that brings together the expertise of Legal, Lines of Business (LoBs), Oversight & Control, Compliance, Risk and other key control functions, to proactively manage regulatory changes in our operations and allow us to trace end-to-end connections between laws, rules and regulations on the one hand, and our policies and procedures that demonstrate compliance on the other.
The role is within the Markets & Investor Services Sales (‘M&IS Sales’) OLO mapping execution team. The successful applicant will be responsible for mapping legal obligations to procedures or other supporting documentation. This will involve working extensively with Legal, Functional groups and business stakeholders to investigate, co-ordinate and collate the required supporting documentation.
You will be responsible for leading and executing this work for M&IS Sales primarily across EMEA, but also supporting colleagues in New York and Hong Kong as necessary. You will work in conjunction with the team to drive efficiency of obligation mapping while minimising the impact on Line of Business Subject Matter Experts. The role will provide considerable exposure to both functional partners and the M&IS Sales businesses.
• Execution of mapping of obligations to required supporting documentation
Acting as a Subject Matter Expert on OLO processes and tools Collaborating with Legal, Compliance, Risk, Finance, Business partners and CIB OLO to ensure a clear and consistent interpretation of applicable obligations
• Compiling procedure gap analysis data for communication to Procedures workstream
• Providing Quality Assurance to ensure consistency of mapping output quality
• Responding to and resolving items identified by Quality Assurance and audit processes
• Supporting the organisation and execution of the CIB OLO program for M&IS Sales
• Specific accountability for the end to end management of certain workstreams or obligation theme
• Working knowledge of some Markets products and businesses, gained through a role in or supporting a Sales or Sales / Trading business
• Experience in sales / trading, business controls, operational risk, Compliance, Audit or similar function would be beneficial
• Ability to instill structure, process and accountability
• Proactively identify and address issues early, performing root cause analysis to develop long term solutions
• Detail oriented, with a highly disciplined approach to process and quality control.
• Excellent personal organisation skills and ability to execute on multiple conflicting priorities
• Strong business analysis skills to enable efficient, accurate and objective decision making
• Ability to partner closely with related functions to ensure a coordinated and effective program
• Professional, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with a proven track record of execution against deliverables
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.