JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries We serve more than 50 million consumers and small businesses through more than 5,600 bank branches, 18,700 ATMs, credit cards, mortgage offices and online and mobile banking as well as through relationships with auto dealerships.
Commercial Banking serves more than 30,000 clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. Our Commercial Bankers serve these clients by operating in 14 of the 15 top U.S. major markets. Our professionals' industry knowledge and experience combined with our dedicated service model, comprehensive solutions, and local expertise to make us the #1 commercial bank in our retail branch footprint.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Wholesale Loan Technology team, you will work to deliver Aurora, a multi-year strategic investment using the latest technologies and patterns such as ReactJS/Angular 2.0, Cloud and Microservices. You will join a high performing team responsible to develop the strategic workflow platform supporting multiple lines of business.
Specifically the role requires you to:
- Develop solutions for the full stack; UI, Java-based back-end, database and messaging
- Implement clean code, design principles, test driven development techniques, continuous integration and deployment tools and techniques
- Facilitate and contribute actively in code review sessions, design review sessions with feature teams
- Mentor and develop team member’s skills in design, new technology, clean code, TDD, code review, and problem solving
- Identify and communicate good practices across multiple facets – code, processes, tools and behaviors
- Contribute and lead product backlog/story refinement and story splitting activities
- Effectively communicate design concepts using UML diagrams, Collaboration Tools, etc
- Maintain Scrum Discipline, focus & deliver tasks in a timely manner as per Sprint plans
- Resolve production issues by performing root cause analysis, coding immediate solutions, and ensuring smooth deployments
- Work collaboratively in an Agile Feature team setup with team members located across different locations and time zones. Contribute to delivery success across teams as a senior developer
- Build subject matter expertise in the Agency Loans and Loan Trading businesses, covering syndicated loans and commercial loans
- Develop new skills to contribute as a multi-functional team member (potential areas for secondary skills: Cloud readiness, Security, Monitoring and Measuring Tools)
- Minimum 5+ years of Java/JEE design and development skills. Must have strong analysis (both requirements and system) and design skills. Must have experience with performance testing, investigation and resolution
- Expertise in Spring, Hibernate, MQ, WebService concepts, REST service concepts, XML, JSON, and Tomcat
- Experience in writing, maintaining, performance tuning SQL/PLSQL (Oracle preferred), and the ability to write complex SQL
- Experience in applying Test Driven Development techniques (jUnit, Selenium, Fitnesse or similar tools), Continuous Integration and Deployment practices and tools (Jenkins or equivalent, Maven, Git, Subversion, and developer efficiency tools)
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Passionate about technology, problem solving, learning new skills, sharing expertise and knowledge
- 5+ years’ experience working in a financial services environment including previous experience developing Finance or Risk interfaces with good working knowledge of associated accounting principles
- Experience in application testing and monitoring frameworks – jMeter, AppDynamics, Geneos, Fitnesse, Selenium etc
- Experience in building applications Cloud ready applications. Cloud infrastructure move is on the horizon
- Experience in building highly available systems
- Working knowledge of Loan IQ UI, APIs and data model
- Previous experience with the Agency Loans and Loan Trading business