As one of the world's premier investment banks, J.P. Morgan serves the needs of our clients by offering a world-class platform coupled with straightforward, intelligent advice. We attribute our long-term success to our commitment of always putting clients' interests first. Whether it's raising capital to meet growth objectives or identifying strategic business partners, J.P. Morgan offers corporate finance and M&A advisory, capital markets, prime brokerage, restructuring, risk and research platform of unrivaled strength and scale.
J.P. Morgan’s UK Natural Resources business primarily covers UK-listed Metals & Mining and Oil & Gas corporate clients. Within metals and mining, the business covers clients across all commodities (base metals, bulk commodities and precious metals) and in Oil & Gas it focuses on upstream clients. We provide a wide range of advisory services in relation to local and cross border disposals, mergers and acquisitions, including advice on corporate strategy, capital structure and liability management as well as providing advice on and execution of equity, hybrid and debt issuance
• As part of our core focus, we also provide corporate broking services to our UK-listed corporate broking clients, involving extensive interaction with the equity research and equity sales teams. Corporate broking services include extensive exposure to and interaction at CEO and CFO level
• In addition to our metals and mining focus, the UK Natural Resources business also provides broking and advisory services to our UK-listed Oil & Gas corporate broking clients
• J.P. Morgan has a leading position in the natural resources sector in terms of number of clients, transaction activity and revenue market share.
The successful candidate will play a vital and accountable leadership role in all aspects of the transaction process and formation/pursuit of strategic business ideas. S/he will join a dynamic team that is far reaching, forward moving and also have the opportunity to work with clients and senior management.
The Senior Associate / Vice President will serve as the primary project leader and supervisor of junior Associates/Analysts on project teams. This individual is recognized by clients as key member of the team and will take the lead on the execution and marketing of M&A, Equity and Financing mandates and will have direct client responsibility and interaction. S/he will leverage and coordinate J.P. Morgan's resources on behalf of the client. In this capacity, one must understand industry fundamentals, anticipate client needs, and leverage J.P. Morgan's and the team's resources to anticipate new business opportunities. The balance between leveraging internal technical/product expertise and external relationship building is the essence of the position. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Participate in substantial day-to-day client contact and client servicing.
• Begin to build long-term external relationships and manage accounts. This should include conducting new business presentations and developing new ideas for business at a relevant client level.
• Preparation of presentation books, management presentations, Board materials, memoranda and other presentation materials for use in corporate finance transactions or client facilitation
• Work independently, producing high quality work by totally leveraging and accessing the Firm.
• Liaising with J.P. Morgan product teams and other J.P. Morgan Natural Resources teams across the globe
• Liaising with UK equities and research departments
• Mentoring and training of analysts.
• Understudy an Executive Director or Managing Director on certain accounts or transactions, depending on the size and complexity of the client or transaction.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Minimum Bachelors' degree from a reputable university with an outstanding academic record.
• Strong experience in Investment Banking, with M&A or Natural Resources Coverage experience with metals & mining focus strongly preferred.
• Very strong financial modeling/valuation and analytical skills.
• Ability to comfortably interact with business clients and management.
• Excellent technology skills with strong Excel (macros, pivot tables, look-ups and filtering) and PowerPoint skills. Able to quickly learn new software applications.
• Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive. Energetic and decisive, with high level of integrity.
• Ability to multitask several projects.
• Able to communicate concepts and ideas both verbally and via documentation, to and be able to defend their validity.
• Provide examples of a team mentality. A relationship builder, who can establish trust and credibility across J.P. Morgan.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.