As an Application Developer Lead on the MIS Reporting team, you will serve as liaison between Data Provisioning and various business units to coordinate the onboarding of data and the creation of Analytical solutions. Candidate must have knowledge of data warehouse/data mart solutions, including experience with Cognos, SSRS, Tableau, Alteryx and other Business Intelligence tools. Must have strong database query/analysis skills. Will work with the business source teams to analyze business requirements and review/produce specifications for any new/change to warehouse applications. Work with the Technical Analyst and development team to ensure that they understand the specifications. Conduct business/data flow modeling and generate applicable scenarios for the technology functionality testing team.
Conduct research to determine if solutions to business requirements currently exist within or outside the business unit, and if not, whether new solutions are feasible. Analyze impact of proposed solution across the Warehouse systems, develop requirements and data mappings to explain/demonstrate specifications to IT team. Assist Quality Assurance team to ensure that requirements documentation can be easily translated into test plans. Facilitate implementation of new functionality through User Acceptance sessions, demos, and the development of appropriate documentation.
* Define and help to develop interactive dashboards for business reporting needs.
* Define and help to develop analytical reports per business needs.
* Interfaces with users to determine needs, uses and specifications of data requests and conducts detailed analysis of data requirements.
* Create detailed Data Mappings through all stages of data life cycle
* Present findings and recommendations to identify gaps or issues, explains the root cause, documents the impact, and present options for resolution and change.
* Partner with other IT teams in defining and designing target state architecture by combining knowledge of what the business wants with knowledge of how the systems are built.
* Assist in the design and implementation of solutions in all phases of the development lifecycle.
* Build complex custom reports for end-user scenarios
* Serve as liaison between IT and business end-users; work with development team to ensure that they understand the specifications.
* Identify, assess, and document business requirements, recommending business priorities, and advising business on options, risks, and costs
* Ensure that requirements documentation can be easily be translated into test plans
* Provide implementation support including testing of new tools / processes to ensure they meet the business requirements
* Line of Business experience a plus
* 2+ years data visualization tool experience-REQUIRED Tableau Desktop Certification a plus
* College degree, or specialized training or equivalent work experience
* 10+ years of Information Technology experience
* 7+ years Data Warehouse, Datamart experience
* 7+ years Business Intelligence tool experience (preferably Teradata. SQL Server, Hadoop, Green Plum and Tableau)
* Ability to work well independently and within a team
* Experience writing complex SQL queries and performing detailed data analysis
* Experience in structured data mapping from multiple platforms/file structures
* Attention to detail and ability to assimilate fragmented facts into a detailed problem statement
* Ability to learn new tools and systems quickly
* Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
* Excellent analytical, problem solving and time management skills
* Expert at writing detailed, actionable requirements and/or functional specifications
* Experienced with engaging technical architects, application architects, and development teams during the Design and Build phases to ensure that business requirements are being met
* Capable of reviewing project deliverables for quality and delivery assurance
* Proactive in learning the business processes, data flows, and systems functionality in order to support the technical team and provide guidance/advice to business partners
* Experience/understanding of business process reengineering and business modeling concepts, business systems development and analysis
* Strong analytical skills and writing skills, to include solid experience in writing functional and technical specifications
* Experience with software development methodologies, Agile a plus
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.