Job Title: Compliance Officer for J.P. Morgan Corporate and Investment Bank in the Netherlands
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm with assets over $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in Private Banking, Investment Banking, financial services, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
The global Compliance Department provides a broad range of regulatory and compliance services and advices. This includes regulatory interpretation and analysis, advising on the interpretation of policies and procedures, performing a compliance risk assessment, advising on new product development and implementation, conducting control tasks as well as interfacing with the regulators. It also has the responsibility for providing regulatory education and training. The Paris Compliance Department forms part of the regional Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA ex UK) Compliance Department.
Main Job Purpose:
You will be part of the Paris Compliance Department based in Amsterdam and report to the Head Compliance for France, Belgium and the Netherlands who is acting as the named Country Compliance Officer, Money Laundering Reporting Officer and Data Privacy Representative and undertakes the corresponding duties in accordance with the local applicable regulations and J.P. Morgan guidelines and procedures.
Roles & Duties:
- To ensure J.P. Morgan’s activities in The Netherlands are organized and executed in accordance with the requirements of the applicable regulatory framework, the professional and ethical standards, as well as with the instructions, policies and procedures of J.P. Morgan;
- To act as an advisor to the business and alert management on any Compliance related risks;
- To draw-up and update compliance-related Policies and Procedures in accordance with applicable regulation and Group requirements;
- To keep all governing bodies and businesses appraised of the Compliance-related topics and regulatory changes in this jurisdiction and provide them with guidance on the interpretation and application of the requirements;
- To provide educational trainings on Compliance-related subjects;
- To act as a point of contact for the regulators, DNB (De Nederlandsche Bank) and AFM (Autoriteit Financiële Markten), and to maintain co-operative relationships with them;
- To identify any personal data processing and fill notifications with the relevant authorities;
- To work in conjunction with Risk Management and Audit and other control functions as appropriate to achieve the objectives of the Compliance function, not withstanding existing primary responsibilities allocated to each function;
- To identify / receive / record / follow-up regulatory breaches, compliance-related incidents & compliance-related complaints and advise on relevant actions to avoid re-occurrence;
- To performed risk assessment and assist in the control program of this activity; and
- To assist the Head of Compliance in any CIB related matter in France and Belgium.
Requirements / Qualifications
Written and spoken Dutch is a pre-requisition
Experience in Compliance roles – preferably in corporate & investment banking businesses
Good understanding of risk analysis processes
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) required or evidence of comparable academic / work achievement
Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership, presentation and influencing skills
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Ability to summarize complex topics concisely and drive practical outcomes
Ability to make sound decisions, including escalation when appropriate
Evidence of working on the delivery of projects or implementing process change required
To work without supervision; act on own initiative to identify tasks to be undertaken; work as part of a team.
Ability to build strong working relationships with central and business aligned functions across the region and co-ordinate with functions of the Private Bank
To be the primary contact on any Private Bank compliance matter related to the France or Belgium and to act as a support of the Head of the Private Bank Compliance for EMEA in his coverage.
While the position is primarily open to persons with a first successful compliance experiment, applicants with experience in other related fields (e.g. legal, risk management, audit) are welcomed. We regret only suitable candidates will be shortlisted.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.