Wealth Management – Private Equity - Co-Investment Specialist, Managing Director, New York
Req #: 170098695
Job Category: Asset Management
Wealth Management – Alternative Investments – Private Equity Co-Investment Specialist
Location: New York, NY, US
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
With over $53 billion in total commitments since 2000, the Private Investments platform is responsible for sourcing, evaluating and monitoring private investments across buyout, growth equity, real estate and private credit funds for inclusion in private client portfolios across the Global Wealth Management franchise. Through our Morgan Private Ventures program, our clients have been active investors in a variety of direct co-investments and niche venture capital opportunities.
We are looking for an experienced professional to join our Alternatives team to take on a leadership role underwriting and coordinating our co-investing activities and building out our dedicated co-investment efforts. The Co-Investment Specialist will be responsible for partnering with our due diligence teams to source and execute transactions as well as to contribute to existing discretionary investment activities.
This candidate will be responsible for:
The key attributes for this candidate will include:
- Strong demonstrated track record in executing private equity investments as a direct investor or co-investor
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; willingness to engage with the broader team across our private investments portfolio
- Experience navigating and interpreting private funds documentation
- Strong presentation and communication skills to represent JPMorgan to fund managers, internal audiences and GWM clients
Ideally the candidate will have:
- 10+ years of hands on, buy side experience sourcing, evaluating and executing buy side private investments
- A professional focus on growth equity and middle market private equity a plus
- CFA or MBA preferred