JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Fixed Income Securities Financing
The EMEA Rates Financing Business is involved in a number of key primary activities:
· Managing the funding and liquidity positions of the FI cash and trading desks
· Covering shorts positions of the FI cash and trading desks
· Match book activity where the Business is engaged in client financing activity and managing the risk of such activities.
The global market in repurchase agreements is substantial and vitally important to the smooth running of the capital markets. The use of repo enhances the liquidity of bond and equity markets, which reduces costs for issuers of capital, and allows market makers to hedge positions with greater efficiency.
This opportunity is to join the legal team supporting the Fixed Income Business.
· Advising the Fixed Income Securities Finance Businesses in EMEA on legal and documentation related issues.
· Negotiating the GMRA, GMSLA, and any related ancillary documentation, (including any related drafting) with institutional and hedge fund clients and their counsels, as required.
· Negotiating confidentiality agreements/non-disclosure agreements.
· Instructing and liaising with external counsel, as required, including review and analysis of legal opinions e.g. collateral confidence/enforceability opinions.
· Liaising with business representatives and legal/compliance colleagues and other control functions (e.g. credit, tax etc) in EMEA and globally (US and Asia).
We are looking for a highly motivated lawyer with the ability to work semi-supervised supporting a fast-paced and dynamic business who will work closely with the business representatives in addition to other corporate functions within the Firm. The role is based in the Legal Department and involves a proportionate amount of time being spent with the business on the trading floor.
Lawyer must be licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in the state/jurisdiction in which the position is based or otherwise in compliance with the in-house counsel registration rules of that state/jurisdiction
Good experience within the Legal Department of a premier investment bank or in private practice (preferably with in-house experience).
It would be advantageous to have a good understanding of Fixed Income.
An understanding of the impact of relevant regulations in the UK and EMEA (including SFTR and MiFID/R) would also be helpful.
Excellent time management skills
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. J.P. Morgan is an equal opportunity employer.