J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
The Technology team at our GSCs service all Lines of Business and Enterprise Technology in helping build and operate innovative industry leading solutions. The breadth of capabilities within the Technology team at the GSC enables it to support the firm in leading edge areas such as Digital, Big data analytics, Robotics & Machine Learning.
OPT Servicing Technology is seeking a Applications Developer to help our team design and build web based applications in Java technology. This position requires a high level of development expertise with Internet based programming architectures and Object Oriented principles. Candidates should be motivated self-starters who can quickly grasp current applications and new technologies.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
6 - 12 years of experience in Programming/Analysis or the equivalent combination of experience and education. Other requirements include a demonstrated ability to adapt to a fast pace environment, a sense of urgency, organized and detail and task oriented.
- Design, analyze, develop, debug and unit test code for Java applications
- Lead projects with small and large teams, covering various aspects of software development, process and methodology
- Review business requirement documents and consult on project scope and timeline
- Complete project documentation according to SDLC requirements
- Release management including implementation planning
- Rapid resolution of issues impacting release
- Analyze and troubleshoot production issues
Ideal Candidate will possess the following:
Exposure to Software Architectural methodologies and theories.
Strong knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture and Service bus architecture, including Application Program Interfaces (APIs), Messaging Software and Interoperability Techniques and Standards.
Demonstrated experience and expertise with Enterprise Multi-tier WEB and Multi-threaded software development, application/database tuning
Unix / Command Line / Shell Scripting, Agile Scrum experience
Proven track record of effective business partnership
- Strong expertise surrounding software development life cycle methodology including Lean Agile methodologies
- Experience in application and Web Server technologies
- Strong knowledge of and experience with XML and Web Services
- Experience with Sql Server,Oracle, DB2 (stored procedures, PL/SQL, query optimization)
Experience with the below is a plus:
Java / Spring MVC Git
Selenium Testing / Cucumber / ATDD
Automated deployments and Jenkins Builds
Cloud Technology (Any)
Successful candidate will also have:
Ability to learn quickly and see "the big picture"
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage technical issues
- Proven ability to rapidly and accurately identify and debug problems
- Strong analytical, attention to detail, organizational and core project management skills
- Strong understanding of the infrastructure, applications, hardware and software environment
Ability to work as part of a team or independently