J.P. Morgan is seeking talented candidates for a position as
a Strategy Vice President in our Corporate & Investment Banking
Strategy Group. The group functions as an internal consulting group and works
on a project basis to address topics at the top of senior management agendas.
This role will provide the opportunity to work on many initiatives across the Corporate
& Investment Banking organization
Projects include developing international growth strategies,
assessing and planning new product and market entry, strategic business deep
dives, strategic investments, improving operational efficiency and effectiveness,
setting technology and operations strategy, acquisitions/divestitures, and
designing cross-C&IB wide initiatives. Our focused group of professionals
is composed of top performers from top strategy consulting firms, investment
banks, other internal JPMorgan Chase groups, and top undergraduate and graduate
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments, financial institutions, pensions, sovereign wealth organizations, states and municipalities entrust us with their business. We offer our clients a full suite of global financial services and capabilities, providing strategic advice, raising capital, managing risk, and extending liquidity in markets around the world. Not only is our goal to help clients succeed, we are committed to contributing to orderly and well functioning markets and supporting global economic growth across our businesses.
• Support group on projects identified by senior managers of the Corporate & Investment Bank
• Gather, synthesize, analyze and present project data and findings
• Financial modeling and valuation analysis
• Execute creative analyses and provide insight to identify issues and arrive at recommendations
• Develop strategic presentations for both internal and external audiences
• Monitors industry trends and shares insightful reports/ analyses/ news articles with broader team and with senior executives
• Coach and mentor less experience colleagues
• Create and/or contribute to an environment of collaboration and mutual responsibility
• Simultaneously work on multiple projects across CIB
• Interpersonal leadership and influencing skills – and ability to interact with colleagues at all levels (including the most senior executives of the bank) in a peer-like way, and achieve goals without direct control over resources – and always able to consider diverse perspectives to get the best outcome
• Distinctive end-to-end problem solving skills, strong conceptual and analytical capabilities with the ability to solve large, complex problems
• Demonstrates expert industry and competitor knowledge of key business drivers
• Identifying new insights, drawing from experience across businesses; develops logical, actionable recommendations
• Defining and deconstructing problems
• Prioritizing issues, analysis, and team capacity
• Structuring and building quantitative and qualitative/conceptual analyses
• Analyzing operational and financial data
• Performing competitor/industry research leveraging both public and non-public sources
• Conducting internal and external interviews
• Working collaboratively with team members across LOBs and staff areas
• Ability to meet with business leads to discuss any issue and articulate a view
• Leverage business knowledge and technical expertise to challenge assumptions and operating models
• Synthesizing data and developing recommendations
• Understands business drivers and modeling principles; ensures that the team’s analyses are sound
• Creating concise communication materials and presenting findings to senior management
• Ability to manage multiple teams to complete high quality deliverables within timeframe
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
• Experience in leading initiatives/projects to resolve diverse problem solving challenges
• An outstanding ability to analyze problems, apply quantitative analytical approaches, communicate effectively and confidently (both oral and written), work well in cross-functional teams, and coach and development other team members
• A track record demonstrating a high level of personal initiative, setting and achieving challenging goals, and demonstrating entrepreneurial leadership
• An understanding of client value and cross product partnerships and operates towards achieving commercial success of entire franchise
• Experience as project or engagement managers is preferable
capability to continually review procedures and recommends changes to improve
quality and/or eliminate unnecessary duplication of work, costs and/or
• Excellent and efficient skills using MS Excel and PowerPoint tools
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.