CIB – Global Research – EMEA Equity Research – Pharmaceuticals Team – Analyst/Associate
Req #: 170103430
Job Category: Investment Banking
CIB - Global Research - EMEA Equity Research - Pharmaceuticals Team – Analyst
About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients' needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are one of the most respected financial institution in the world - and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
J.P. Morgan has a unique global franchise in Equity Research and a career in Equity Research is fast-paced, demanding and intellectually stimulating. The main purpose of Equity Research is to provide advice to institutional investors about the shares they should buy or sell to make profits for their clients, and we work closely with colleagues in Equity cash sales, cash sales trading and trading to do this. Our strong research franchise with institutional investors, the market insights we develop, and the close relationships we establish with the companies we cover are also very valuable to internal clients such as IB, Derivatives, Credit & Rates, and Private Equity.
Working alongside top rated sell side pharmaceutical equity analysts to generate investment ideas for our institutional clients, developing long lasting relationships with Pharmaceutical companies. Candidates would support the senior analysts in their analysis of Pharmaceutical companies.
• Building and updating financial models on covered listed stocks within the sector
• Setting up proprietary databases and valuation comparables
• Dealing with pre- and post-results commentaries on companies' financial results
• Writing incisive reports based on in-depth research (including analysis of individual drugs)
• Attending road shows, medical meetings and corporate events, both in the UK and abroad
• Responding to client questions and requests promptly and to a very high level of accuracy
• Working in a deadline driven environment
• Excellent academic track record from a leading institution (with a degree in Science or Medicine)
• Strong passion for financial markets with practical financial knowledge, including valuation and modelling
• Proven ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English and knowledge of a continental European language would be an asset
• Experienced in building relationships with external clients and responding to their needs in a professional manner
• Demonstrate a clear interest in equity research and the pharmaceutical/biotechnology sector
• Strong work ethic, analytical bias and an inquiring mind
• Ability to multi-task completing work on both urgent tasks at the same time as working on longer-term projects
• Self-starter, creative and flexible
• Good team player
• Ability to keep abreast of industry-related newsflow
Overall candidates will have a real interest in financial markets and the ability to communicate investment ideas generated, effectively to clients. Ideally they should also have a real understanding and interest in the pharmaceutical/healthcare sector.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.