Service and Technical Architect
Req #: 170094077
Job Category: Technology
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of > $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
GTI-Infrastructure Development (GID) is focused on developing and delivering services that integrate software solutions with infrastructure in innovative, cost effective and efficient ways. The GID team provides services for use by business-aligned application delivery organizations, across all layers of the software stack, which may include application interface services, productivity and collaboration tools, and data integration solutions.
Currently we are seeking a Service & Technical Architecture Lead to work across multiple delivery teams to define the overall service and technical architecture for the Service Now product and supporting internal platforms. Working closely with Product Owners, other Development teams and external partners, this role will manage the definition and execution of IT Service Management strategy and architecture, ensuring compliance with engineering best practices and standards.
• Responsible for defining the overall service and technical architecture for the Service Now product and supporting internal platforms
• Contribute to wider IT Service Management product and technical strategy, in collaboration with our Chief Product Owners
• Defines, documents and agrees the Service Architecture detailing the core functions to be performed on the Service Now platform
• Evaluate, manage and resolve service and technical architecture issues and risks
• Defines, documents and agrees the Application and Infrastructure Architectures required to support the agreed SaaS based service architecture
• Ensures service and technical architectures comply with firm wide design standards (e.g. third party design patterns, etc.)
• Manages and obtains required approvals for the proposed service and technical architectures (e.g. from internal architecture committees)
• Supports development of interface definitions required to support the Service Now solution
• Partners with vendor and development teams to ensure build activities adhere to agreed service and technical architectures
• Partners closely with the Data Lead to ensure service and technical architectures and aligned with the logical data model
• Organizes collaborative architecture work across teams, to drive alignment of technical architecture across all applications in a given product domain
• Coach and develop teams on technical topics
• Share knowledge with more junior team members: mentoring, reviewing design docs, giving technical talks, teaching classes, and provide consulting / coaching
• Drive improvements and innovations in across processes, methodologies, architectures, and technology
• Be a hands on architect, able to partner effectively across locations with both JPMorgan and vendor teams
Education and experience:
• BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent technical discipline
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Experience as a leader capable of motivating strong software development teams, and gaining their respect as an influencer, not a manager
• Cloud based distributed systems and architecture experience for multi-tiered mission-critical systems
• IT Service Management process domain expertise and experience of the Service Now product
• Demonstrated expertise in problem solving and technical innovation
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Experience and know-how with developer and tester practices like CI, BDD, TDD, DevOps, and Continuous Delivery
• Demonstrated experience in the Agile SDLC, as a participant and mentor
• Assembling and presenting technical strategy and architecture pitches to senior technical and non-technical audiences, including C-level executives