Sourcing Manager – Contingent Worker Operational Center – VP 603
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Global Contingent Workforce Management (GCWM) Team is responsible for the Sourcing and
Operational Management of the contingent labor category and supplier community. This includes IT Projects, IT Staff Augmentation and Non‐IT Staff Augmentation. The position is for a Category Sourcing Manager responsible for the IT Project Services (ITPS) function.
The IT Project Services Sourcing Team is currently seeking a high caliber, seasoned sourcing professional to help achieve GSS's primary objectives ‐ to deliver tangible hard dollar cost savings to the firm, to mitigate supplier/project risk, and to better manage the firm's supplier relationships.
The opportunity currently under consideration will have the following responsibilities:
● Leads a team of employees. Motivates team members and assesses performance. Provides help to management and keeps management updated on team performance.
● Provide primary support in sourcing IT Services‐related initiatives across multiple Lines of Business. IT Services are sourced both domestically and offshore and include: Application Development, Integration, Maintenance and Support, QA/Testing, etc.
● Accountable for competitively bidding, negotiating price and related business terms and relaying said terms into logical and meaningful contracts that are in compliance with the firm's policies, procedures and contracting principles.
● Provide key negotiation and pricing advice to assigned Lines of Business on each transaction with an emphasis on delivering bottom‐line financial savings and/or risk minimization.
● Maintain necessary sourcing system data, metrics and spend analytics in support of departmental reporting and policy and procedure requirements.
● Successfully manage assigned suppliers to ensure best‐in‐class pricing, delivery and service consistency across the firm's Lines of Business.
● Assist in preparation of supplier risk assessments by acquiring in‐depth knowledge of vendor products, services and financials.
● Develop and implement global sourcing strategies to achieve both one‐time and annual reductions in spend while maintaining/improving customer service.
● Consistently demonstrate a high level of professionalism in behavior and performance with
client organizations, SPS staff and other bank areas.
● Continually develop subject‐matter‐expertise in field of specialty. Remain current on
competition, technology pricing trends, and industry practices.
● Maintain industry/product benchmarks to ensure world‐class pricing.
● Develop, distribute and present meaningful commodity‐specific reports to assigned clients
● Successful multi‐year track record (minimum 4‐6 years) in managing IT Services related
categories, preferably in the banking and/or financial services sectors.
● Robust understanding of strategic sourcing, with demonstrated, quantified examples of
sourcing programs led under direct supervision in IT Services.
● Strong expertise in sourcing IT Services related categories (i.e. application development
services, outsourcing services, QA/Testing services, Infrastructure Services, etc.).
● Proven ability to manage multiple sourcing‐related projects simultaneously that are of
● Demonstrated experience in sourcing multi‐million dollar IT Services contracts.
● Strong understanding of how to effectively use and navigate sourcing and contingent
workforce procurement related spend management systems such as Ariba, Beeline and/or
● Strong vendor management/negotiation skills.
● Demonstrated capability to solve complex problems.
● Proven client management and influencing skills.
● Strong analytical skills.
● Global sourcing experience is required.
● Undergraduate degree; Graduate degree preferred
● Interpersonal Effectiveness and Teamwork
● Customer Focus
● Attention to Detail
● Drive for Quality and Results
● Ethics, Integrity and Character
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The hiring manager for this job opening would be willing to have a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement. The hiring manager is not committing to offering this, just highlighting an openness to having the conversation.