As a senior leader in Software Engineering, you will combine your years of proven expertise with a never-ending quest to create innovative technology. You’ll lead a highly inspired and inquisitive team of technologists who are already developing and deploying applications to the highest standards. With your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming, your team will raise their game even more, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your experience in one or more technology domains will help solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. As a constant learner and early adopter, you’re already embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies; your example encourages others to follow suit. In addition to creating solutions with your in-house team, you’ll also work alongside our team of technologists from around the world who are just as dedicated as you are.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
· Mastery of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
· Command of architecture, design and business processes
· Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
· Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative
· teams to achieve common goals
· As the Software Engineering Lead for Digital Reliability you will design, build and maintain solutions which drive continuous availability into our online and mobile services layer, and will ensure a customer never notices a failure or interruption of service.
· In a senior technical engineer capacity you will be working within the Application Development area, they will design and implement foundational solutions in Java web services, frameworks, and data and messaging layers to be deployed across Digital applications and LOBS.
· 10+ years of software engineer experience and/or site reliability engineering in one of the following languages: C, C++, Java J2EE technology stack and web technologies /, Python, Go, Perl, Ruby or shell scripting (Unix/Linux)
· 7+ years’ experience in
Log analysis and monitoring tools such as Splunk and DynaTrace
infrastructure engineering, especially as relates to Digital and Web channels
relational and NoSQL databases such as DB2 and Casandra
Messaging, such as MQ/JMS/Kafka
Resolving hardware and software hygiene breaks
· Prior experience in large scale internet companies/technologies, where uptime and continuous availability was core to the business.
· Build a team of engineers and Java developers to implement frameworks and retrofit code to applications
· Work with Architecture to design reusable patterns to deploy to applications, provide governance around adoption, and influence application development teams on roadmaps and designs.
· Responsible for ensuring both new and existing products can run at scale in a highly distributed, fault tolerant manner.
· Identify and partner with Infrastructure teams and AD teams to implement automation opportunities to drive down toil and reduce technical debt.
Apply standards of cloud compliance to application design to achieve reliability
Understand of Networking and cloud technologies, for example Security, Load Balancing, Network routing protocols.
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.