JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Market Data Services organization at JPMorgan is a global team responsible for the design, deployment and support of the technology infrastructure that provides for the consumption of real time exchange feeds internally at JPMorgan. This real time data is critical to the markets we in turn provide to our external clients. The infrastructure is critical to how we win business every day. The scope of the environment includes coverage of both decision support applications (desktop applications) as well as algorithmic trading systems (co-located server based applications ) . Systems are supported in over 30 Datacenters globally with over 20 distinct exchange feeds coming in to many of those centers. JP Morgan’s market data infrastructure is large, fast and provides tremendous intellectual challenges to the engineers whose responsibility it is to ensure we remain at the top of the highly competitive electronic trading landscape.
Market Data Services is looking for a software developer to work as part of the Global Engineering team. This individual will develop and support a number of home grown and open source solutions designed to support the needs of the consumers throughout the Bank, as well as further the state of the art by contributing to Open Source projects.
Individual capabilities and responsibilities will include:
• Working within a team construct to vet and implement critical solutions
• Ability to analyze and articulate problems and provide input to solutions
• Able to defend proposed solutions and take on constructive feedback regarding proposed solutions
• Capable of find a balance between best of breed and cost effective solutions
• Provide 3rd level support to operational roles
• Act as a positive team player that is capable of accepting different intellectual points of view
• A respect for strong process and control management disciplines
• Knowledge of Market Data Products that deliver critical capabilities to users is preferred, but not required. These product include but are not limited to TREP, SR LABS/ Wombat Direct Feed Handlers or competitors, Bloomberg BPIPE
• Capital markets experience a strong plus
• Experience overseeing technical delivery by vendors a plus
o Strong programing skills in Java
o Knowledge of Spring Boot
o Experience with other languages, including C, C++, Perl and Python is a strong plus
o Network Protocols including TCP and Multicast protocols is desired, but not required
o User-level experience of Linux RH6.5 and greater
o Scripting including csh, sh, bash