As a Commercial Credit Analyst for Chase Merchant Services, you will support expert level underwriting and portfolio management functions associated with our strategic client base
· Analyze business financial statements and account histories
· Prepare credit memoranda with a focus on writing narratives on the underlying client’s solvency and inherent risks
· Stay informed about factors affecting a variety of industries and connect these with possible impacts to our clients
· Recognize possible risks that a client’s business may pose to the organization, including financial and reputational, and be able to recommend actions to mitigate such risks
· Discuss a client’s financial position and business with that client in a professional manner
· Minimum of 12 hours of college level courses in accounting or finance, or relevant work experience including financial statement spreading
· Minimum 3+ years of experience as a commercial credit analyst within a commercial credit or banking environment
· Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
· Advanced level analytical and business writing ability
· Ability to understand and interpret business financial statements, tax returns, and generally accepted accounting principles.
· Extensive ability to make sound credit decisions through the analysis of business financial statements, industry information, and information derived from client interviews.
· Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
· Experience with Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC and other regulatory compliance
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.