JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries We serve more than 50 million consumers and small businesses through more than 5,600 bank branches, 18,700 ATMs, credit cards, mortgage offices and online and mobile banking as well as through relationships with auto dealerships.
Within Chase, Consumer Banking provides great products and an outstanding customer experience at over 5,600 branches and 18,700 ATMs in 23 states, as well as online and over the phone.
As a Chase employee, you’ll be part of a company that makes a real difference every day for our customers, our communities and ourselves. With a focus on customer service, you’ll put others first, do what’s right and create solutions that make lives better. We invite you to build your career on our strong foundation and help shape what’s next – for you and for us.
JP Morgan Chase is searching for a Technology Project Manager whose responsibilities will include:
- Manage and direct project teams from beginning to end utilizing Agile and Waterfall project methodologies.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Participate in all key project deliverables with the project team
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the firm.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate project tasks and responsibilities to appropriate project personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify risks and escalate to senior management with appropriate mitigation plans.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan, schedule, and track project timelines and milestones.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor and motivate project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and project or process management.
5+ years of direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution
Experience with Agile Development Methodology is preferred
Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft project
Database and operating systems experience with Oracle, SQL Server, AIX, Microsoft
Demonstrated experience managing project teams
Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines
Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating
Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products
Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
Customer service skills an asset
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial