J.P. Morgan Asset and Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
J.P. Morgan Securities brings together the strengths of the global J.P. Morgan family as well as best-in-class external resources to help meet the financial goals of our Clients. Our small size and broad scope allow us to customize solutions tailored to Clients’ specific needs.
The Middle Office Support Specialist will primarily be focused on supporting the JPMS Financial Advisor's operational needs including but not limited to trading inquiries, account opening, account updates, managed accounts, tax and back office issues. This individual will also be focused on the onboarding process of a new Financial Advisors joining the firm. In this role, the ideal candidate will develop a keen understanding of account opening, asset transfers, operational and trading processes. This role requires excellent client services skills and the ability to coordinate multiple functions across multiple teams. The ideal candidate must be well organized, attentive, detail oriented and must have excellent problem solving skills.
The role of the Middle Office Support Specialist requires the ability to learn quickly in a high volume and constantly changing environment. Strong communication skills are a necessity due to heavy interaction with front office and product desk personnel and to keep management apprised of key developments or ideas to improve upon existing processes.
• Review and process operational inquires from the Front Office
•Assist all new Financial Advisors with account opening, account updates, acats and all operational needs.
• Perform quality control review of account maintenance requests, ensuring all information entered is accurate and complete
• Work with internal and external parties to resolve all types of inquiries related to maintenance requests
• Work with Front Office Product Desks, Investors, Financial Advisors, and Client Service
• Review daily reconciliation reports
• Compile MIS data for management
• Document procedures and process flows, and ensure they are kept accurate
• Assist in the development of training materials
• Coordinate with various areas of Operations, Middle Office, Finance, IT and Senior Management on business requirements, procedures and processes
• Assist with monthly management reporting
•Must be willing to travel at least once a quarter within the United States.
• Bachelor’s degree or three or more years of operations experience in the financial services industry
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Process driven, and at ease with technology and client account / security reference data
• Experience in workflow analysis and documentation
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Ability to multi-task and be detail oriented
• Ability to work in a high paced environment with tight deadlines
• Must have a control-oriented mindset
• Must be a team player
• Operational and/or Client service experience
• Experience in Asset/Wealth Management
• Understanding of Private banking operations and /or JPMS operations
• Microsoft Suite of applications proficiency
• Knowledge of securities industry and applicable regulatory requirements
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.