Java/J2EE/HTML5 Application Developer:
Job Title: Applications developer
Primary Location: Mumbai, India
Organization: Sales and Research (FICC) - Corporate Investment Bank (CIB)
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets over $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Sales and Research is a platform used by research team, business users and Sales. It contains a service-oriented, secure and scalable information platform; it is a system of record for the integrated, cleansed and enriched information and a suite of CRM tools.We’re looking for a Application developer to join a fast-paced, high-energy diversified team.
1. Provide technical leadership and architectural guidance for design and implementation of software system enhancements
2. Ensure adherence to architecture standards, risk management and security policies
3. Identify efficiencies and ways to improve design and development processes
4. Review business requirements/functional specifications requirements and provide oversight and guidance on proposed technology solutions
5. Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with all businesses across Technology and among technology team members.
6. Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels
7. Work effectively within collaborative team to identify and resolve issues
8. Design, analyze, develop, code, test, debug and document in solving business problems for one or more business areas
· 8+ years of experience in information technology with an emphasis on application development, demonstrated experience with applications development throughout the entire development lifecycle
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Ability to work on multiple projects and manage many priorities
· Strong written and verbal communication as well as strong interpersonal skills
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
· Ability to absorb problems & present creative solutions within required timeframes
· Must be able to demonstrate significant relevant work experience, or had experience of several major technology implementation projects
· Demonstrated experience working with, and across, multiple teams in a global organization
· Be self-driven, ability to work independently or with multiple teams
2. Experience in developing applications with inter process communication and distributed cache
3. Spring framework, Hibernate framework, MVC Framework
4. Experience in developing applications with HTML5 would be an advantage
6. Strong in Oracle PL/SQL development and designing data model.
7. Apache, Tomcat, Maven
8. XML, Web Services, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
9. SQL performance tuning, web application performance analysis and tuning, analyzing performance metrics
10. Debugging skills – Java, web app and SQL debugging
11. Defensive Programming e.g. prevention of cross-script attack, sql injection etc
1. Experience in developing end to end solutions involving UI, server and DB.
2. Experience in database tuning
3. Experience of data/information architecture would be an advantage
4. Agile development experience
5. Knowledge of Financial products and experience in developing client facing application
6. Basic Unix experience