About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Recognizing the need to strengthen management and coordination of regulatory initiatives across the CIB Chief Administrative Office, the CIB CAO Recovery & Resolution team was established in 2017. This team is responsible for providing interpretative guidance and expertise relating to global CIB CAO-wide regulatory commitments, with specific emphasis on support for firm wide Recovery & Resolution (R&R) planning.
Scope of the team is based around supporting established regulatory initiatives; developing appropriate responses to emerging regulatory requirements; and maintaining effective global and regional CAO governance structures to support new and on-going commitments.
As part of our R&R agenda, the firm has committed to improving resolvability through simplifying our legal entity structure. A new team is being created within CIB CAO to lead the CAO impacts of the multi-year simplification agenda, and to ensure that our legal entity commitments are met.
The role will comprise:
- Partnering with Finance to establish appropriate governance for the LE simplification agenda across the CIB
- Ability to engage, partner and influence effectively across functions including Finance, Compliance, Corporate, and extended R&R teams
- Determining and communicating CIB, and especially CAO impacts; engaging senior stakeholders to deliver the agenda
- Developing a CIB framework for operational impacts to prioritise roadmap, and align with R&R commitments
- Ability to project manage with content-decisions to successfully execute the programme
- Project managing delivery of complex x-LOB, x-functional, x-regional project implementations where there is no functional or LOB predominance
Key Experience Required
- Candidate should have a strong background in finance, with a strong understanding of the products and markets in which the CIB operate
- Experience working with the regulatory agenda
- Experience of project managing within large scale change and delivery programs; strong project management skills with the ability to shape programmes of work and responses to complex issues
- Experience of working across a wide range of asset classes and systems
- Able to successfully operate across regions, businesses and functions with demonstrable strong negotiation, influencing and relationship management skills
- Ability to consistently deliver work of a high standard, to tight timelines with a proven track record
- Comfortable navigating through uncertainty and driving to create clarity and consensus, with the ability to creatively propose and syndicate solutions for complex problems
- Operating within and developing high performing teams (direct and indirect)
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Able to liaise with senior management, reporting on project milestones, key deliverables and obtaining key stakeholder sign offs
- Excellent communication skills including attention to detail with the ability to succinctly communicate requirements to LOBs and senior executives with appropriate presentation materials
- Proactive and creative problem solving with business process reengineering experience and tenacity to drive to root cause
- Deals comfortably with ambiguity and uncertainty; effective at working with multiple functions across regions and time differences
- Team player with ability build & maintain productive working relationships with colleagues at all levels and across functions in a collaborative manner in order to achieve results, as well as ability to manage prioritisation
- Ability to build and maintain effective networks and relationships at all levels
- Ability to work both autonomously and flexibly
- Ability to interpret issues raised then prioritize and communicate to senior management and other key stakeholders regarding resolution plans and expectations
- Understand impact of external factors such as regulatory change on business strategy and processes
The role will provide high profile visibility across the CIB CAO organization, with broad cross-functional and cross-LoB involvement, and the opportunity for extensive exposure to senior management.