As an experienced professional in our Cybersecurity organization, you’re equally committed to watching over our data today, as well as finding innovative new ways to protect it in the future. To do that, you’ll help lead a highly motivated team laser-focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. You’ll use your leadership skills to give guidance, best practice advice and support across all our business and technology groups. You’ll take the lead on incident response, risk reviews and vulnerability assessments, identifying threats, all of which ladder up to driving and selecting cost-effective solutions. You’ll deploy best practices, new policies, and emerging trends to strengthen our strategic roadmap. You’ll keep management, executive directors, managing directors and stakeholders in the loop, as well as managing people and budgets. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
The Cybersecurity Enterprise Architecture Team translates security requirements into system qualities (e.g., tenets) and then into repeatable design strategies and patterns. The Team designs architectural models of solutions and describes how those solutions integrate into the broader technical infrastructure of the firm. In partnership with development teams, the Cybersecurity Enterprise Architecture Team drives architecture standards into delivered solutions.
We are seeking an Information Architect as part of our Data Management architecture function.
This function will work across Cybersecurity to assess our existing distributed data estate, partner with our engineering & product teams to identify and curate critical cyber data models around threat, asset, control, investment, assessment and risk. Our objective is to connect the various knowledge domains with a consolidated and cohesive data model that is used and consumed by developers, engineering and product teams.
- Evaluate existing data domains, content, elements and consumers and document usage, criticality, ownership
- Partner with existing operations teams to understand requirements, level of detail and practical usability of existing and target data sets
- Work with operations, services & engineering to identify clear boundaries between data domains, define models, and to rationalize common data elements to normalized name and value forms
- Establish & incubate common data models and vocabularies to enable assessment of control gap, control effectiveness, investment return and overall trending of spend to incident outcomes
- Define and drive population and adoption of critical data models and taxonomies for threat, control, asset, vulnerability, risk, investment and incident
- Assist product team in driving clear roadmaps for major data producers and consumers to align on common critical data element definitions and systems of record
- Partner with Engineering, Operations & Service teams to ensure adoption of the taxonomies in day to day operational practice, all new build, and refactoring of critical existing build
- Author & agree firm wide patterns with the businesses, legal/control/compliance and Global Technology partners for data management patterns using these models
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
Excellent command of Cybersecurity organization practices, operations risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies
Keen understanding of national and international laws, regulations, policies and ethics related to financial industry cybersecurity
Noted cybersecurity expert, keeping technical skills current and participating in multiple forums
Expertise in Agile and can work with at least one of the common frameworks
Ability to identify network attacks and systemic security issues as they relate to threats and vulnerabilities, with focus on recommendations for enhancements or remediation
Who should Apply?
Are you able to take big ideas through to engineering detail?
Can you work across competing stakeholders and help navigate to a common solution?
Do you like learning about other areas to see how the ‘puzzle’ or ‘machine’ works as a whole?
Can you explain & visualize complex systems & concepts to a mixed technical and non-tech audience?
Would you like to…
- Work with the threat intelligence, engineering and security operations team responsible for understanding the challenges faced by a bank of 250,000 employees and 300m customers?
- Dive into the security details for managing an estate of 8000 apps and hundreds of thousands of server & container instances to integrate a view of their vulnerabilities, security events and controls?
- Work across industry groups to integrate, adopt and help mature open standards such as UCO, MITREs ATT&CK methodology, OASIS’s STIIX, TAXII and more?
- Build rapid proofs of concepts and roadmaps with Engineering to facilitate and improve fraud and cyber incident triage and response protecting hundreds of millions of customers worldwide?
- See your work adopted and driven into both firm developed software and dozens of vendor platforms?
Who are you?
The successful candidate will be a strong technologist with a pragmatic view and creative mind, and a natural collaborator with other security architects, engineers and developers. The Architect is expected to lead through influence and technical excellence, communicate effectively through clarity of thought and demonstrate understanding of business and technical requirements – we’re partners, not commanders.
- 7-10+ years of progressive applied technology experience including defining, populating and driving adoption of complex, cross business, cross technology data models and taxonomies
- Hands on experience with modelling tools and languages, such as Erwin, Magic Draw, PowerDesigner, TopBraid, RDF, OWL, SKOS
- Experience across a number of data store technologies, with strong views on the pros and cons of each, such as Oracle RDBMS, Hadoop, Neo4J, Titan on Cassandra
- Demonstrated practical experience with taxonomies, ontologies, data modelling tools and data remediation / alignment programs
- Active professional security certifications (e.g., CISSP or other similar industry qualification), open source project, security research (e.g CAPEC, CVE, CEF, etc) or design framework/patterns contribution, or other continuous learning examples in the information management, data & security spheres
- Possess a strong data technology background with the ability to challenge or validate information model and technology decisions from a position of knowledge and experience
The Data Management architecture group is part of larger Data Protection and Data Management teams, including technology, human user experience/operations, and security focused expertise, and will partner to define and deliver strategies and roadmaps for adoption of the target models.
Your expertise in cyber, combined with your desire to provide innovative security services, will be an asset to our Cybersecurity team. Help deliver high-quality security solutions across all our lines of business around the world by creating, designing, implementing, and maintaining next-level technology. The work you’ll do is vital, as it will protect over $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits every day.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
©2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.